What's new
What's new

T-2 problem ... Help me look good to my boss !

CRASH28

Aluminum
Please help if you can ,

If I can find a fix it maybe I can look him in the face for a raise,

Anyway,

We have a Mazak QT-15 with a T-2 control
Problem is after we moved it , it ran fine awhile then out of no where
there was glitch then , the parameters were all messed up.
We reloaded the parameters and everything seems fine but one major thing

It now wants to machine on the wrong side of the part , the negative side of
center line, the simulation shows it , and the machine in auto even tries to do it but runs out of travel, also gets tail stock alarm,

It's like its a mirror image or something,

Mazak is trying to help , but all the tech's that really were good with fixing
this 1986 work horse are gone.

Is it some kind of hidden parameter or a problem with a board somehow,

Running out of ideals,

I really would like to fix it , I like the machine and if I do , since everyone
in the shop and even a Mazak tech tried , maybe I have a good case for a raise , or at least a day off with pay,

Thanks,

If you need any info to help , I can try and provide as much a you need.

CRASH28

Hi Crash28

How did you reload the parameters? keyed them in or with a microdisk?

Has an all memory clear been done?

Mitsubishi has real good phone support at 1-847-478-2500, I'd give them a call.

Bill

I'll 2nd the Mitsubishi recommendation.

They will probably tell you to start by re-initializing the control. Which basically "resets" everything. Mits or Mazak has the procedure for T2. Parameters get dumped during this procedure, so they have to be re-entered.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Greg

Ok I can't find my notes on this problem. I know we ended up having a Mits Tech come out on it. It has been several years since the problem... The problem was in the control software as far as i can remember.

Call Mits Atlanta at 678-258-4529. If they cant help you out that is the same number that you have to call to schedule service.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Let us know what fixes it so I can update my notes

Justin

The T2 control has at least 2 boards with nicad batteries on them. The memory effect gradually reduces the capacity, and a 3 day weekend becomes too long. These problems normally surface at the end of the year with 2 long weekends and power is off. The operator clears the battery alarm without looking at it, and bingo, the world is mucked up. The best I can get out of the operator is usually "yes there was an alarm, I reset it, and it went away, I didnt see what it was."

There are several other memory areas that can and do cause problems if parameters, programs, tool library and offsets are restored without re-initializing the control.

I have had several incidents where I got the machine running, the owner was too focused on production and wouldn't or didn't order replacement batteries. The next 3 days with power off, the same thing happens.

The batteries are green for the older ones and orange for the newer.

IF you get it running without replacing the batteries, back everything up. Mazak makes a Microdisk unit borrow one if you don't have one. Format the disk with 2 parts not 6. Then select 1 small program along with everything else the control will let you select.
Save all this, then compare disk with memory. Do this at least twice meaning make several disks of copies. Then for the next restore, you initialize, clear the memory areas. then restore parameters, power off and on, restore everything else, follow prompts for chuck actuation.

Regards,
Bill

Reinitialize control

CNCToolCat has the right idea. Mitsubishi can send the procedures. When the batteries go dead or parameters get corrupted The boards with batteries have to be completely cleared.

Back