What's new
What's new

T2- bar puller programming?

PANTERA79

Aluminum
For the Mazak experts using T2 controls; What is the easiest way to program a bar puller?? Slide on style, (not coolant activated or anything) Do I have to incorporate the dreaded manual programming?? Or is there a different way to accomplish this? Any examples would be greatly appreciated!

This is from a T32B control but you may find it useful. This program uses a puller that slips over the end of the stock to pull. The page is wider then will allow here, tried to line it up correctly but when saved it goes back to as you see it.
Hope it helps.

PNO. MODE CHANGE-PT GEAR TOOL
8 MNP 1 8
SEQ G DATA-1 DATA-2 DATA-3 RADIUS/VARIABLE RPM FEEDRATE M OFS
1 00X 0. 5
2 00Z -0.6 9
3 01Z -0.8 MIN100.000
4 6
5 01Z -0.1 MIN100.000 7
6 00Z 2.

For the Mazak experts using T2 controls; What is the easiest way to program a bar puller?? Slide on style, (not coolant activated or anything) Do I have to incorporate the dreaded manual programming?? Or is there a different way to accomplish this? Any examples would be greatly appreciated!
MNP Process is required, but easy to manage. This is in all T-2, T-3 controls whereas EIA (full G-code) was an option only.

Process will look similar. Adjust X and Z values to suit, but general format is there:

PNo 6 MNP___________Toolchange Y/N 1_______Gear 1______Tool 5

G0___X2.0____Z1.0____________________M 9___Offset 1
G1___________Z-2.0___Feed/MIN___50___M 5
(G1)___X0____________________________M 6
(G1)___________INCR > Z1.5*___________M 7
(G1)___X2.0
G0___________Z2.5____________________M 1

PNo7 END Part count 1, Repeat number same program 10 (this is total amount of parts to run).

The M codes are executed at the end of the line. Machine will move to position, then execute the M code after machine reaches X or Z move at that line. They are not executed simultaneously like on a Fanuc.

*You can move the Z distance as an incremental distance or go to absolute position, whichever is easiest.

Redundant G1s are not necessary. Just added for clarity in this example.

The OP parameters need to allow chuck open/close in cycle. Check in MDI (test mode) to see if M6, cycle start will open the chuck. If not, then OP1 needs to be modified.

EDIT: Dave types much faster than I do. :)

Back