What's new
What's new

T32-3 reinitialize issue

Speedie

Stainless
Having an issue with re-init the control. The spindle wont start and the tailstock wont move. I am wondering if anyone else had this issue. I am using service bulletin 0689-004 and there is a discrepency between #10 and #11 instructions. On #11 it says

11)
A) Press ALL ERASE and type in .01 and press INPUT
B) Type in -9999 and press INPUT PB. This formats the MACHINE MACRO's directory
C) Go to the CMT I/O MODE and load the programs that were saved in the BACKUP PROCEDURE A, for Memory Area 2

The problem is that I do no know where the ALL ERASE and .01 would even be inputted. The procedure on #10 dead heads.

This is from Bulletin 0689-004 dated June 8, 1989 for software Version A..but the machine is a 1994 SQT28M

I think you have to press mnt. N hold or fo and mnt. To get into the parameters. Hope that helps sum

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

We learned that if we leave the disk in our 94 v515 m32 it boots from it every startup, if we take it out it boots from ram. If its not in the drive already maybe its in the door? Wen ours goes crazy all we do is put the floppy in the drive. Take it out after so the drive doesnt were out. They are expensive from mazak..

We never had to mess with parameters unless it loses home. Hopefully you can get it up and going.

I found it the tailstock wasnt home. But the tail stock will not move. I tried every combo on R59 and R60 and compared it to another machine but no quill or tailstock movement. It must be a bad relay. If I only had the electrical manual for this machine. Anyone have a t32-3 that can show a pic of the machine parameter for R numbers for tailstock...I think R56-R60

Tool eye works...my mistake. But no tailstock. If one wanted to keep the tailstock from moving at all how would you disable it? It is unclamped in the electrical cabinet.

Thats awesome! Great job! So it seems mills and lathes are way different when it comes to reloading default parameters eh? Neat to know! I only set up and programmed mazak lathes for a year I never had any breakdowns because the machines were fairly new, MSY 250, and a qt30. Both were T+'s. And 6 years old!

Back