What's new
What's new

Threading question T2 Controller

asticx

Aluminum
Some curious threading questions..

If I am cutting a 60 degree thread and I have 60 as my angle of thread will it just plunge cut... if I set it as 29.5 degrees it will just cut on the one flank? Is there a way to get it so it 'zig-zags?' .. I know there is on another machine I run.. not sure about mazatrol.

Also for threading types you can select multiple numbers.. ie 0 is standard .. 1 is constant depth.. 2 is constant area.. what is the most common you guys use. I usually use #2 just curious which one is preferred and why.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Danny

Some curious threading questions..

If I am cutting a 60 degree thread and I have 60 as my angle of thread will it just plunge cut...
if I set it as 29.5 degrees it will just cut on the one flank? Is there a way to get it so it 'zig-zags?' .. I know there is on another machine I run.. not sure about mazatrol.

No. 0° will plunge cut. 60° will cut down one flank. 29.5° will cut heavy on one side and light on other.

Newer Mazatrol T+ will zigzag cut the thread as an option. T2 did not have that option. Not sure about the T32.
Also for threading types you can select multiple numbers.. ie 0 is standard .. 1 is constant depth.. 2 is constant area.. what is the most common you guys use. I usually use #2 just curious which one is preferred and why.

0, 1, & 2 types are for selecting thread pullout type only on the T2. It does not change how the thread itself is cut. #2 specifies 60° pullout. The terminating thread crest width will stay constant and looks the best when no thread relief is specified. #0 is for terminating into a thread relief and cuts the full thread until machine pulls out of cut FAST.

Back