What's new
What's new

Tool File,Tool Data and Tool offset is there more

ggborgen

Aluminum
Gentlemen,
Had to put a part back on a mazak 6800 horizontal with a fusion 640m control
and when it went to spotface two holes it went all the way through. Touched off the tool with the jack in the box tool setter and it moved maybe .00015 or so. The programmed depth of the tool was Z .710 so I went in the program and went to Z 1.125 and that was still to deep, ended up at Z 1.265 which is .555 different from the last time I ran it. So I think it's something in the tool file,tool data and/or tool offset that's screwing me. The part is programmed in G code format, which is the only way to fly. The part use to be programmed in mazatrol, but that sucked so I reprogrammed it in G code and took 17 minutes off the cycle time. So my question, is one of those three tool options messing with my depth? Thank You :smoking:

Fanuc-Tool offset only, you don't need more.

Interesting. I've never seen that happen, but I have the parameters set on all of my machines to function similar to Fanuc. I use the Tool Data page for the length, and the Tool Offset page for wear compensation on the length and diameter. If you don't like Tool Data and you're only using EIA programs, you can use 100% Tool Offset page, just like Fanuc.

What type/diameter of tool is it? What kind of tool do you have selected in the Tool Data?

Joe788,
I have 1.5 in the diameter and the closest choice I have to pick from for a spotface tool is endmill. All the other tools seem to be working fine. Tool #18 which is 16.570 in length offset is the problem child. Thanks

Back