What's new
What's new

Tool start position

Uhm....tell it not to do that. Tell it to start farther off of the part.

What kind of machine? Is your tool zero the part face? Maybe post the section of the gcode that is in question, this might help you to get meaningful answers.

Lmao, do you know how to use the machines tpc? With relay points you can make it go to a position before it starts and after it finishes if you're trying to avoid hitting something. I think the gcode posts are just to tease you.

In threading, the tool wants to start right at the face. What can I do to set start position away from the face?

Have you tried single blocking the threading process? The machine should automatically determine the necessary acceleration distance. If not there is something wrong with your parameters.

Can you post a picture of your process?

Lmao, do you know how to use the machines tpc? With relay points you can make it go to a position before it starts and after it finishes if you're trying to avoid hitting something. I think the gcode posts are just to tease you.
Like said, I am trying to learn to speak to this thing. Have seen the relay point info in the book, just a bit skiddish to make too many changes without being sure of what is going to happen.

In the threading sequence there is a start and finish point for x & z
The machine won't let me put anything but zero in the Z start point. If I put 1.0, it starts 1 inch inside the bore, so went -1.0, gave me an illegal input. Tool starts at about .100 in front of part currently.

It'll show you on the screen, just use the relay points. Just curious what's wrong with where it's starting?

"G-code? If I could g-code this thing I would be fine. Control is T32-2. QT28."

My bad, I didnt see that this was in the Mazak section.

I don't like starting thread passes right at the part. Like to give it close to a half inch lead before it starts cutting.

Easiest way to do this is to tell it the finished face of part is not Z0, but Z1.0, then add the 1" length to the rest of the Z dims in the program.

Start threading routine at Z0 (1" clearance) or Z0.5 (1/2" clearance).

This works on old and new Mazatrols.

Back