What's new
What's new

Trouble with G68.2 and rotary table on VTC800

HampHamp

Plastic
Our machine shop is currently using a Mazak VTC 800 in an unusual configuration - the rotary table is unmounted and unused. We are currently attempting to machine a part at 45 degrees (in G code programming) using the B axis (G68.2 command) - however we are having an issue with the Y position of the machining being out by around 1mm.

I have played around with a number of the parameters involving the rotary axes (the K parameters) and I've come to the conclusion that the centre of rotation for the G68.2 command is being offset by an unknown amount. Presumably because of the rotary table.

The parameters in question are:

K117 - reading the documentation, this parameter should be set to a value of 12 (Rotary table on bed, and B axis). By changing this to a value of 32 (rotary table mounted vertically), i managed to get rid of the Y axis weirdness. But Having this at 32 means that we cant tilt our workplane 45 degrees in the other direction.

K113 - The default for this is 2, I have tested with it set to both 2 and 1 and I think 2 is the option I should be using.

So I think that there may be a parameter somewhere controlling the rotation, affecting the C axis (rotary table). Is there such a thing? And if so, how can I correct the error considering we don't actually use the C axis?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks for taking the time to read.

Back