What's new
What's new

Trouble parting off, T-Plus

SMT

Hot Rolled
When I use anything other than #0 for part off the tool goes .252 beyond the x I program.

If I put in X0, it goes to X-.252.

I have isolated the parameter to K8. It was (i think) 10 and I changed it to 1 with no effect on the over travel.

Is this the wrong parameter?

As things are I have to use #2 or #4 to rough and finish the chamfer, then a separate process using #0 to part off (or just manually program it)

I'd like to be able to use Mazatrol to make it chamfer the corner and part off in one process if possible.

Where should I be looking?

Thanks!

A Type 0 groove adds the width of your tool as described in your tool data.

If you go to the groove process and move over to the spot where you choose the type of groove, you should have a hot key all the way over on the right, I think it is labelled "Help" but I can't recall right now.

Anyway, if you push that, a window will pop up showing the processes and how they work as far as Start/Fin X and Start/Fin Z.

I very rarely used Type 0. Mainly 1, 2 and 4.

I get all that.

The trouble is that if i use anything other than #0, the cutoff tool over cuts by a quarter inch.

If I want to part off to X0 it will go to X-.252 no matter what. Well, unless I program it to stop at X.252, it would then over travel to 0.

I'd like to be able to use Mazatrol to make it chamfer the corner and part off in one process if possible.

Type 4 is that process.

Tell it what break you want (Only 45* chamfer allowed) and in "Distance to travel past Fin X" put in whatever you need. I typically went .050.

I get all that.

The trouble is that if i use anything other than #0, the cutoff tool over cuts by a quarter inch.

If I want to part off to X0 it will go to X-.252 no matter what. Well, unless I program it to stop at X.252, it would then over travel to 0.

OK. I get what you are saying.

Type 0 through 3 should stop at what you tell it to for finish X. If it doesn't then you seem to have a parameter out of whack and that's beyond me.

Type 4 is meant to over travel by a specified amount to make sure the part gets cut off. There might be a parameter set to tell it how much to do that. I always set it in the process.

Mystery solved!

It just says "distance past final point" which I took to mean Z length. As in a 1" long part I would put in 1" for final z, but .118 in "distance past" and it would do the math.

Distance past is for the X cut.

A thousand thank yous!!

Ah! Cool. Glad you got it worked out. Mazatrol is vague until you know what they mean and then it's perfectly obvious! :D

Back