What's new
What's new

Uh oh over my head, QT15 is winning the battle

Speedie

Stainless
Our little QT15 is kicking my tail pretty good. I just did a LCD swap in a QT15N and was getting the orange screen of doom on the QT15 so I took the old weak monitor out of the 15N and put it into the 15 but get the same orange screen issue. The hydraulics dont fire up either, no light in the work area and the panel doesnt light up. The previous monitor was popping and arcing into the cabinet. But I dont think it was bad it may just have been the ground strap that went around the backside of the monitor. The hydraulics not coming up and the orange screen leads me to believe we have a power issue BUT power is 208 and we set the T-former to 210. I did add about 1.5 gallons of Vactra 25 to the reservior to get it in the sight glass. Still the issues remain.

Oh and Mazak thanks for the bracket change between identicle monitors...that was fun.

So I am going to
1. Check power to the hydraulic motor
2. Was it the FX701 board that was video?

Drives read 37 which is initial parameter issue. The FX884 or FX727 board could be bad. I cant believe the 884 board would be $4K for a used one. The 727 boards battery checked out fine though. I should just send the pair into Mazal for repair and test. Tried re-zero but that didnt work. The 884 board didnt have any blown parts on it that I could see. Didnt get a chance to really thuroughly examine the FX727.

Drives read 37 which is initial parameter issue. The FX884 or FX727 board could be bad. I cant believe the 884 board would be $4K for a used one. The 727 boards battery checked out fine though. I should just send the pair into Mazal for repair and test. Tried re-zero but that didnt work. The 884 board didnt have any blown parts on it that I could see. Didnt get a chance to really thuroughly examine the FX727.

I just went out and looked at my 1986 T-3 and it has no FX884 board. My machine has both a FX784-8 and a FX784-9, along with the FX727 board. All three of these boards have the memory batteries.

Looked at a bunch of stuff on ebay and it appears to me (aka, wild ass guess) like Mitsubishi renamed this particular board to a different number as the T-2 series control changed slightly each year. FX784 probably went to FX84 then later FX884. The huge price jump for the FX884 is probably due to the board being a late model 1988 and probably rare.

Is either board bad? Doubt it. The hydraulics will not come on if the machine has lost the parameters due to dead memory batteries. SOP is replace memory batteries and type in parameters, power down and restart machine. Problem you have is you do not have a functioning monitor to help you type in the parameters.

I would look at buying a video converter for $225 and get the display working before I sent out the boards for repair.

Send the boards to Mitsubishi (not Mazak) if you end up needing boards repaired.

Mazak Industrial Monitor Replacement to VGA Xvga LCD CRT Video Converter | eBay

Hydraulics are up that was a power leg swap issue. We swapped in a working monitor still got orange screen. Checked power all that was ok but no vidoe and parameter lead me to believe that a bad 884 or 727 board is the issue. It still could be a bad battery.

Replaced Battery on FX727 but PR light remains now a white screen on the monitor and the control is not repsonding and the monitor is not turning off. I cannot remember that re-zero memory procedure for T2. Anyone got that in their ear wax?

Sometimes a guy has to conceed to a higher power so the control is going to Mitsubishi for inspection. They are pretty decent @ $275 to an inspection.

Back