What's new
What's new

Vqc 2050b 4th axis problem

Jgryz450

Cast Iron
Could someone be so kind as to take a picture of their 4th axis so I can see their settings where the dip switches are and wiring I hope mine up and it just alarms out saying 4th axis alarm I'm trying to figure it out this was off of a y-axis off another machine I'm trying to convert it into a 4th axis Drive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Darnit,,, I didn't check that. I just wired it in and turned the machine on....well tried to anyways. I think it came up with a servo motor alarm as well even tho there isn't any hooked up yet. I have a tsudoka or something named similar to hook up to it. It seems like the machines come pre-wired for a 4th axis. It had the wires to hook up to it coming out the back of the cabinet I'm just not sure where the hydraulic line comes from. And the drive all the wires were tucked in the wire loom for that., so that job was easy. I'll get the actual alarm numbers tomorrow evening when I try it again. But since the drive was last hooked up on a machine in the y axis I know the dip switches are incorrect

This is what I get
26fee2e1327795f1f7c1909b8afa2061.jpg

Hopefully this shows you enough
5156cfb622823c4b2a10ddedb2721e38.jpg
b5278d3edaa859a90fa667b2ad63ea80.jpg
c58915abac014a51a27b8ef27fa87cff.jpg

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
So it looks like yours is a TR 31, I thought the 4th axis was supposed to be a TR 41? Maybe that's my problem I installed the wrong one I have a 31 at home I'll try out tomorrow thanks Trav

If you get another chance could you get a pic of the wiring how to make sure I have that right to

If you get another chance could you get a pic of the wiring how to make sure I have that right to

which wiring specifically? I did the retrofit myself, so mine wont look factory at all i wouldn't think, and there are wires going all over the place.

which wiring specifically? I did the retrofit myself, so mine wont look factory at all i wouldn't think, and there are wires going all over the place.
Tr1, I need to know if they go to 17-20 or 21-24. Mine was kinda factory prewired and had the bottom wires that jump the drives and hook to the round screw on connections

Tr1, I need to know if they go to 17-20 or 21-24. Mine was kinda factory prewired and had the bottom wires that jump the drives and hook to the round screw on connections

That jumps over from the adjacent drive
593e74464b6551d42edaaa7206f44551.jpg

Perfect. Thank you! I don't know why I thought I needed the tr41 for the fourth axis? You have a live 4th rite? Or is it an indexer?

Your drives are in beautiful shape! How does yours treat you? After tons of fixing and adjusting mines finally pretty good. I wanna change the thrust bearings on y and x. X is loud and y has a rumble to it... it was out In the rain on the truck for a nite before it sat in a ware house for 6 months.

Your drives are in beautiful shape! How does yours treat you? After tons of fixing and adjusting mines finally pretty good. I wanna change the thrust bearings on y and x. X is loud and y has a rumble to it... it was out In the rain on the truck for a nite before it sat in a ware house for 6 months.

mine is in mint condition for its age, it had about 6000 hours on it when i bought it as it was a universities machine and they only let 3 people run it in the 30 odd years they had it.

I added a full 4th, a tsudakoma that was actually off a V7.5, so it's a fair bit too big for my machine, but i made a sacrificial table to hang it off the end and modified the tool change door a little to fit it in a bit better. it's still not ideal, and my plan eventually is to make a belt drive system for it to mount the motor for the 4th behind it in stead of beside it, that'll allow me to place it more central on the bed.

If you don't have the servo plugged in you will get alarms as the machine is looking for signals it's not getting (unplug one of the others and you will get the same). The tra41 should be fine. Just a heavier duty unit. The information for the jumpers is in the stuff I sent you. If you look at your other drives you will find they aren't the same jumpers on all of them. There will also be some parameters you will have to change to get the 4th to work properly.
Have you got documentation that explains what the jumpers do? One issue I still have with my 4th is that it's out by a factor of 8 (easy to deal with but makes me have to think of bigger numbers, and that hurts)

mine is in mint condition for its age, it had about 6000 hours on it when i bought it as it was a universities machine and they only let 3 people run it in the 30 odd years they had it.

I added a full 4th, a tsudakoma that was actually off a V7.5, so it's a fair bit too big for my machine, but i made a sacrificial table to hang it off the end and modified the tool change door a little to fit it in a bit better. it's still not ideal, and my plan eventually is to make a belt drive system for it to mount the motor for the 4th behind it in stead of beside it, that'll allow me to place it more central on the bed.
You should think of that and pattent it and sell it! That's a common problem with bridge machines, or any with tight envelopes! Lol

Have you got documentation that explains what the jumpers do? One issue I still have with my 4th is that it's out by a factor of 8 (easy to deal with but makes me have to think of bigger numbers, and that hurts)

Yes there is a parameter for the gear tooth offset

Back