What's new
What's new

VTC-16A soft limit issue / lost home 1 for Y

Simonbel707

Plastic
Hi all, new guy here.

I teach introduction to numerical control at the local college. While i was doing a demo, one of the students hit the emergency stop button during a tool change...

The controller is a mazatrol m32b and now on startup it wont find the home 1 for Y. It seems to be acting like the Home 2 for Y is the home 1 as when i try to move in Y+ i get a soft limit error. I've done quite a bit of searching online and through the manuals but i just can't seem to find how to move it back near home 1 without having to change the soft limit paramaters.

Any help at all is appreciated.

thanks

Hi all, new guy here.

I teach introduction to numerical control at the local college. While i was doing a demo, one of the students hit the emergency stop button during a tool change...

The controller is a mazatrol m32b and now on startup it wont find the home 1 for Y. It seems to be acting like the Home 2 for Y is the home 1 as when i try to move in Y+ i get a soft limit error. I've done quite a bit of searching online and through the manuals but i just can't seem to find how to move it back near home 1 without having to change the soft limit paramaters.

Any help at all is appreciated.

thanks

do full power down and restart including main power electrical panel. i once had mazak it did not slow down during homing and hit hard mechanical stop hard. also start homing at least a few inches from end, too close and often wont home. slow rapids to 25%
maintenance once had to take off way covers and adjust a limit switch or something after i reported it not slowing down and hitting hard stop end of travel with a bang sound

do full power down and restart including main power electrical panel. i once had mazak it did not slow down during homing and hit hard mechanical stop hard. also start homing at least a few inches from end, too close and often wont home. slow rapids to 25%
maintenance once had to take off way covers and adjust a limit switch or something after i reported it not slowing down and hitting hard stop end of travel with a bang sound

Tried a full reset, it finds the X and Z homes no problem but the spindle is stuck 18'' out on Y. I just cant get it to go anywhere near the Y home to do the initiation homing, it somehow reset the Y+ soft limit way out to where the tool change home is when the emergency stop was hit :/

hopefully ill find how to reset the soft limit in the manuals but no luck so far

Tried a full reset, it finds the X and Z homes no problem but the spindle is stuck 18'' out on Y. I just cant get it to go anywhere near the Y home to do the initiation homing, it somehow reset the Y+ soft limit way out to where the tool change home is when the emergency stop was hit :/

hopefully ill find how to reset the soft limit in the manuals but no luck so far

i believe on my machine after way covers removed maintenance tech had to clean chips off and or adjust the limit switch. it needed a physical adjustment

Figured it out today for future reference

i had to go to hit the PAR button (parameter) and then machine (for machine parameters) change the M8 parameter for Y from 1000 to 10000000 so the soft limit alarm would stop popping up, move the Y back near the home 1 and then change the parameter back to 1000. the machine now homes no problem

Back