What's new
What's new

VTC200B Alarm 136 Cutting Block Start Interlock

J&H

Aluminum
Fusion 640M

So, I've started getting this alarm on most tools at the start of a cut. Center drill, end mill, drill. The alarm will flash up and go away and the cutting begins. It's not stopping the machine from running, and you don't even see a hesitation. If I slow the rapids down to 50%, I never get the alarm at all. It's like the spindle isn't getting up to speed in time, but the display shows that it hits the programmed SFM just before the alarm will flash up.

Does anyone have any ideas? Does this mean my spindle drive is about to eat it or what?

Ok, hang on... It looks to be more about coolant. If I hit the COOLANT STOP button at the tool change, it'll go down and start the tool and cut at 100% rapid just fine without the alarm. So... does this thing have a coolant pressure switch somewhere or something like that which would let it monitor the actual coolant flow??

It is waiting to reach rpm. We run stuff at 6k (max) rpm and get this all the time using Mazatrol. Takes a second to ramp up a bulky 5" cutter to 6k.

Back