What's new
What's new

VTC250D/50-Mazatrol Matrix Nexus 2 Can I use the spindle probe to find G54?

Chevy427z

Stainless
Hi Folks.

I can use my spindle probe to find WPC's, but not G54, etc. I call up a Maz program, find my X, Y, and Z, write down the numbers, then physically input them into a G54. Thinking there has to be an easier way.

Additionally, is there a way to probe a bore, a boss, a slot, or a web either in Maz or EIA without using "measure" and physically inputting numbers? I've done it with a Haas, but not the Maz (yet).

And while we're at it, can we discuss how to insert a probing program into my EIA and Maz programs? I've got experience doing that with a Haas, but the Maz is a hole new animal. Say I want to probe the center of a hole (or a boss) each time before running the program.

Many thanks!

Mark

Hi Mark

Theres 2 ways to do this, either using Mazatrol probing cycles, or the Renishaw macro programs.
To manually set the G54,
Move your probe to where you wish to start from.
Select MDI, then go into Program.
Do NOT push Program Edit.
Move down to your WPC unit, then select the softkey for 'WPC MSR'.
The softkey options will now all change to give give options of X+, X-, Y+, etc

Now if you was at roughly Y-10 and you wish to move in Y+ direction and set that face as your datum Y+0, select Y+, enter '0' and press input

The MDI box will now read something like 'G65P100009220B3R0.'
Press cycle start and the the machine will move up and probe the face, inputting the data into your WPC unit, or if you've used 'Add WPC' and selected G54, it will enter it into the Work Offset page.

To do it automatically, you need to use the MMS Unit. With that there will options to set off of bores, bosses, step over parts or set from inside of slots. Have a play, you'll work it out, just follow the prompts at the bottom right as you go.

The renishaw cycles will depend on what software you have.

Regards

My apologies for the late response. Been on a crazy schedule, work and otherwise!

Thank you very much for your detailed and concise explanation! I am very familiar with setting the WPC's but not the "Add WPC's". I will give it a look!

Mark

Back