What's new
What's new

Wireless Ethernet and DNC on Mazak Matrix

OKIEMACHINIST

Aluminum
We've grown tired of using the USB sticks and have been working the last few days on setting up a wireless network between our Matrix controls and our network so that we can wireless upload and download Mazak Programs from our PC to the CNC. We used some off-the-shelf wireless ethernet bridges and even some wireless USB adapters. We've got the Network setup so the Matrix machines show up on our network and have shared all the right folders, but the problem is when we "drag & drop" the program from the PC to the CNC it looses information and doesnt want to read correctly on the CNC. Does anyone know of any eays to use, easy to setup DNC software in which you can wirelessly transfer programs? I've spent hours on the net and it seems most of the solutions involve buying an wireless device that connects to your RS232.

One would think that with all the bragging of "state of the art" with Mazak that they would integrate the Windows networking enviornment with the Mazatrol.

Are you dragging it straight into the actual programs folder? Or are you dragging it into a sub folder in MC_Backup and using the DATA I/O page to load the program into machine memory?

I'm pretty sure you'll get nothing but problems if you're trying to drag and drop it straight in, unless you want to run in HDD Operation mode, but you don't wanna do that because you can't see the program, or restart mid cycle.

Back