Close
Login to Your Account

Page 148 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 3284

Thread: B&A Precision

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bitch and moan. Get your pillow and blanket and move in to the shop.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Glad you got all that sorted out and things are coming together again Bill. You have done nothing but bust your ass and you deserve it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3. Likes Philabuster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, I am now real damn familiar with my future work commute!
    According to my Fit-Bit, I logged over 50 miles walking around the new property since Friday morning. That has rendered me one hurtin' sonufabich. My bum-leg does not take kindly to walking. It will take me about 30 minutes to get vertical in the morning. But, I got a lot done! And totally worth the pain.

5. Likes Perry Harrington, DrHook, Philabuster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WTF? 50 miles??

I hope there's an ATV in your near term plan.

I'm tired just thinking about it.

Congratulations and best wishes for continued success.

7. Likes Philabuster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    According to my Fit-Bit, I logged over 50 miles walking around the new property since Friday morning. That has rendered me one hurtin' sonufabich. My bum-leg does not take kindly to walking. It will take me about 30 minutes to get vertical in the morning. But, I got a lot done! And totally worth the pain.
    Ya got to get it done for sure but don't miss any due dates. When is machine moving day?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey............suck it up buttercup!

What's next.........crusin' around your compound in a golf cart..........like old people do? Hahahaha.......

Hey..........there ya go!! Golf cart time!

Congrats man!
    Russ

10. Likes wheelieking71, Philabuster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight machine View Post
    Ya got to get it done for sure but don't miss any due dates. When is machine moving day?
    Still too far out to set a hard date. Right now the focus is getting the electrical service done.
    I budgeted a pretty hefty amount for the electrical. But, I am fairly certain, I am gonna blow that budget in a big way.
    We are finding all kinds of electrical issues all over the property. I even already almost had a fire in the main panel on the house.
    The 100amp two-pole breaker that feeds the back half of the property had a melt-down Friday night:
    20161217_092321.jpg
    And all I was running at the time were lights. The shop is not the only area that needs electrical help.
    This is all a little unexpected. But, we will deal with it.

And, I don't think I will be needing any transportation for the commute, LOL.
    Its not that its far. It was just that I made the trip countless times. I almost have the shop empty.
    We didn't get the key to the garage early like we did the shop. So, there was nothing in there.
    I basically put ALL the boxes in there strategically scattered so Allison could get to them all.
    All the furniture went in the house. The furniture that didn't make the cut for the house is also in the garage.

I figure by the end of the week I will have a pretty good handle on most stuff being put away.
    And the shop should be empty of anything that does not stay in there long-term. Fun Fun Fun

12. Likes DrHook, extropic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Golf cart? Get a lil' rascal mobility scooter. Set up all the mills, and machines so you can just drive right up and swap out parts....Put a hitch on the back for the material carts.....Sky hook on the front for the heavy stuff.....

14. Likes wrustle, Philabuster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Still too far out to set a hard date. Right now the focus is getting the electrical service done.
    I budgeted a pretty hefty amount for the electrical. But, I am fairly certain, I am gonna blow that budget in a big way.
    We are finding all kinds of electrical issues all over the property. I even already almost had a fire in the main panel on the house.
    The 100amp two-pole breaker that feeds the back half of the property had a melt-down Friday night:
    20161217_092321.jpg
    And all I was running at the time were lights. The shop is not the only area that needs electrical help.
    This is all a little unexpected. But, we will deal with it.

And, I don't think I will be needing any transportation for the commute, LOL.
    Its not that its far. It was just that I made the trip countless times. I almost have the shop empty.
    We didn't get the key to the garage early like we did the shop. So, there was nothing in there.
    I basically put ALL the boxes in there strategically scattered so Allison could get to them all.
    All the furniture went in the house. The furniture that didn't make the cut for the house is also in the garage.

I figure by the end of the week I will have a pretty good handle on most stuff being put away.
    And the shop should be empty of anything that does not stay in there long-term. Fun Fun Fun
    Not good!

Tom

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bill how is the new home/shop going? Your biggest fans need updates, with pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'd loose those junk breakers and go with Square D

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You mean, over pay for Square D instead of buying good cutler hammer breakers?

19. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Harrington View Post
    You mean, over pay for Square D instead of buying good cutler hammer breakers?
    A 200 amp 40+ circuit square D panel is like $5 more than Siemans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Garwood View Post
    A 200 amp 40+ circuit square D panel is like $5 more than Siemans.
    The breakers cost twice as much, or more. And I should point out that Square D is a single source supplier, Cutler-Hammer breakers are available everywhere under a dozen different manufacturers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The breakers cost twice as much, or more. And I should point out that Square D is a single source supplier, Cutler-Hammer breakers are available everywhere under a dozen different manufacturers.
    You get what you pay for. 20A single pole 6.00, 60A 2 pole 15.00 Yup that's likely to break you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Actually, this makes me nervous. Are you saying that breakers from other than C-H are being sold with the C-H mark, or breakers that will fit the C-H panels (not C-H branded). Anything that has the C-H mark could make C-H liable in case of failure. C-H is responsible for maintaining the U/L listing. Non C-H marked products may or may not meet the U/L requirements for listing which includes the initial testing plus fallow up review. I would not want any non-listed breaker in my panel, Chinese made or otherwise.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TDegenhart View Post
    Actually, this makes me nervous. Are you saying that breakers from other than C-H are being sold with the C-H mark, or breakers that will fit the C-H panels (not C-H branded). Anything that has the C-H mark could make C-H liable in case of failure. C-H is responsible for maintaining the U/L listing. Non C-H marked products may or may not meet the U/L requirements for listing which includes the initial testing plus fallow up review. I would not want any non-listed breaker in my panel, Chinese made or otherwise.

Tom
    That's exactly what you have. C H is not the best and all the knock off breakers from china, india and who knows where are all made to a low price not up to a standard. That gives you a breaker that among other problems does not grip properly when installed, gives a poor connection, creates heat and you end up with a breaker that looks like the one in the photo. Square D breakers and panels are far better than C H.

25. Likes converterking liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've never known C/H to have "the good stuff".

???

------------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've always had Square D. Never though they were too expensive. Sure the 3PH breakers are $$$$, but all 3PH spark reducers will set you back a few bucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oy. C-H *style* breakers are available from many different manufacturers. I have never seen a Square-D compatible breaker from a 3rd party, I always had to pay through the nose for genuine Square-D. When it came time to wire my shop, I bought a C-H panel and breakers because they were more easily available, multi-sourced, and less expensive. Home Depot sells Siemens brand C-H compatible equipment. When I redo the main service on the house, I'm putting in a 400A Siemens panel with C-H style breakers.

I've never had a single problem with them, they are "universal", and cheap. Murray, Siemens, Cutler-Hammer, etc are all the same. Square-D is Square-D and I didn't find their breakers to be any nicer, my last house had them and it was a PITA to find them and because they are narrower, it made the box more cluttered with connections.

gump That's all I have to say about that. /gump