Login to Your Account

Page 150 of 152 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152 LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 3025

Thread: B&A Precision

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JP Machining View Post
    We just got another 8" of wet heavy stuff today, and last week we had like 3 days in a row that it never got above zero. Lawncare is not even on the backburner here.
    Lawn care consists of plowing the snow so the rain exposes the grass, so the dogs can pee and poop on it.

2. Likes wheelieking71, Philabuster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JP Machining View Post
    Why anyone in their right mind would lay sod in January.....
    Never been to the "valley of the sun"? It was almost 70 today......

4. Likes Philabuster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Harrington View Post
    Lawn care consists of plowing the snow so the rain exposes the grass, so the dogs can pee and poop on it.
    I remember exactly what that looks like! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vettedude View Post
    You got your power figured out already? If so your utility company is amazing.
    I am crying over here about it. But, yea, I can't complain I guess.
    The new transformer should be set end of Feb. Tentative energize on March 9th.
    My sparky says I will be without power for about 6 hours. They will hang the new 600amp panel mid-Feb.
    And install the new panel on the house the day they swap the feed over to the new T-former.
    600 amps of single-phase. I am actually ordering the PP PT-3160 tomorrow. Phase-Technologies has one on the shelf ready to go.

7. Likes Philabuster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by david n View Post
    And how 'bout tearin' down the block walls 'n fence before the sod goes down?
    Can't. Long explanation..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    Can't. Long explanation..........
    Well,this is a long thread....Lets hear it!

10. Likes Ox, yardbird liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good Lord !!!

I must have missed it earlier, but I had no idea that so much renovation was planned for the house.

I thought keeping production flowing during the shop move/setup would be taxing enough, but NO!

I bow to your energy level.

12. Likes Ox, wheelieking71, Philabuster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight machine View Post
    Well,this is a long thread....Lets hear it!
    If you must: Allison's business is a day-car. She has been doing it, at her home, for 20-sum odd years.
    She is an amazing individual, and a saint. Perfect record, and every single client she has ever had just loves her to pieces.
    But, she is involved with all the state child-care programs. (this is a huge part of her income) And, they have rules. LOTS of rules.
    One of their rules states there has to be a grass play area that is fenced. The whole property was a dirt lot, with lots of random fencing.
    Until she meets the states guidelines, she does not get paid. She is basically operating without her license right now as a good gesture to her clients.
    The license is issued in her name, AND address. She is only allowed to provide day-care at that address.

The amount of grass is given in sq/ft per child. She needs 3000sq/ft of grass, NOW. Not, later after we have finalized permanent walls/fences.
    I don't even have property corners marked yet, LOL

The sod will all be down today. Her first day back was Monday (she takes two weeks off at the holidays every year).
    After the old house sold she was working from her Mom's. Her Mom actually helps her daily anyways, so all the clients knew her, and this was no issue.
    But, now, she is basically running with no license. The state comes out to inspect on Friday.
    Because of existing fencing, I only need to put up about 80ft of chain-link to satisfy the state for the outside play area.

That will put Allison above board again, until we can finish all the other started projects, and focus on the walls/fences.
    Plus it gives us a little time to actually live there, and get a good feel of where we actually want stuff.

There, was that long enough?

14. Likes Philabuster, extropic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I remember when I had that much energy.......

16. Likes triumph406 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was thinking before that the fenced in yard(?) would be good for her app.

------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    I was thinking before that the fenced in yard(?) would be good for her app.

------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    Yea, it is necessary. But, what is there, pre-existing, is stupid.
    The layout is stupid. And, there are no less than four different styles of fencing.
    Most of which was not put up in a very professional manner.

Might be fine for a corral, but, there is a big difference between a cowboy, and a red-neck.
    I am no cowboy. And Allison is neither!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was under the impression that you rode a stallion before/when you got hurt, no?

Are you too far SW for redneck?
    I'm good with redneck....
    ???
    (My wife isn't OK with it so much tho....)

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

20. Likes moonlight machine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    I was under the impression that you rode a stallion before/when you got hurt, no?

Are you too far SW for redneck?
    I'm good with redneck....
    ???
    (My wife isn't OK with it so much tho....)

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    Dirt-Bikes Ox. Since I was about 6yrs. First thing with both wheels, and an engine was a 1970 RUPP at 6yrs old.
    Riding bicycles with no training wheels at 3 yrs. Rode one horse, one time. Fuck that! A cowboy I am NOT.

13726836_1235125883187812_6856745968088674910_n.jpg

Only pic I have on my putor of me on a bike. That was 2015, top of a steep 300ft climb.
    That bike broke three of my right ribs a few weeks after that day, and got sold. No bike currently. But, I am itchin' real bad!

I am deep, deep, in to red-neck territory, borderline hill-billy.
    With one hell of a limp....

2012-08-02_19-53-55_112.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's quite a limp causer. How is it that the leg wasn't set properly?

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TDegenhart View Post

Tom
    All that swelling, I expect that was soon after it happened. Unfortunately I have a fair bit of experience with that sort of thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dirt-Bikes Ox. Since I was about 6yrs. First thing with both wheels, and an engine was a 1970 RUPP at 6yrs old.
    Riding bicycles with no training wheels at 3 yrs. Rode one horse, one time. Fuck that! A cowboy I am NOT.

13726836_1235125883187812_6856745968088674910_n.jpg

Only pic I have on my putor of me on a bike. That was 2015, top of a steep 300ft climb.
    That bike broke three of my right ribs a few weeks after that day, and got sold. No bike currently. But, I am itchin' real bad!

I am deep, deep, in to red-neck territory, borderline hill-billy.
    With one hell of a limp....

2012-08-02_19-53-55_112.jpg

That's the stallion that I was talkin' about.

You see - that Rupp likely wouldn't'a beat you up quite so bad.

I had that same Rupp. (Roadster II ?) I was prolly 8 tho. I hated the fact that it was pull start. I was not able to hold the bike and pull the rope hard enough to get it to start by myself most of the time. Ended up pushing it all the way home from the woods, or from behind the barns, or ?? a few times...

Ended up with an 80 Yammi a few yrs later, but that had e-start on it.
    That's it for my bike'n day's.

I have 3 quads now tho, but none have ran in 10 yrs.
    "One of these days".

--------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

25. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TDegenhart View Post

Tom
    It was, twice. That apparently is just where it wanted to be.
    The doctors can't quite wrap their heads around it either. My ankle is fuxored.
    Zero cartilage left. Range of motion is nill. That leg is 1.750" shorter than the other.
    And the level of pain is fucking insane. It would kill a mere mortal.
    My resulting pain threshold is sky high. When I broke my ribs, I mowed the grass later that day with a push-mower.
    I ain't saying it didn't hurt, but my stupidity level is pretty high as well.

A little story cause, why not. A small tidbit about me, and why I am the way I am sometimes.
    I broke that leg in the early 2000's. I was single, and had only been in AZ for about 1.5 years. Was setting tile for a living making real decent money.
    I lived in a trailer I rented from a friend parked on a property where he had his shop that he built gates located.
    Life was pretty good for a bachelor. That injury combined with a couple other events in my circle of friends, would put me at rock bottom in a matter of a week.
    I lost everything. I was down to me, my truck, my clothes, and wheelchair-bound, with no job.
    I ended up living with another friend, his girlfriend, and her two kids. You would think this was a bad situation.
    Quite the opposite was the truth. This friend had another friend, who I credit with saving my life.
    His name was David Reese. And he had palsy. He had been in a wheelchair his whole life. And, he needed help with everything.
    He could do basically nothing for himself.
    He drove his electric chair around with his elbow, because he couldnt reach the joystick with his hand as his arms were permanently bent.
    But, Dave was an amazing dude! And my other buddy (Frankie), Dave, and I were quite the trio.
    I had become a very bad alcoholic. Feeling sorry for myself, and worthless. I drank, and I drank a lot. 18pk of beer a day, minimum.
    My leg was now an excuse for everything. I couldn't do this, I couldn't do that.
    Well, Frankie's girlfriends boy (Jeremy, 13-14yrs at the time) was my little buddy. We were like two peas in a pod.
    I was more his daddy than Frankie, or his real dad.
    One day we are all out in the garage drinking beer, and playing pool. Dave and I in wheelchairs. By now the doctors had me trying to walk with crutches.
    But, I hated it. It hurt like hell. Remember, I am now well over a year in to being a cripple, and coming to grips with the fact that this is permanent.
    I had also gained a significant amount of weight (which I still struggle with).
    Frankie's girlfriend Julie (another awesome person) was making every effort to get me out of that chair. And, using my crutches.
    Well, that day, I said "Jeremy, get me a beer!".....and, all hell broke loose!

Dave (remember, palsy, stuck in wheelchair, can barely feed himself 2 or three beans at a time with a long spoon) pipes up and starts yelling at me!
    And, it went something like this:

"Listen you fat crybaby! Get off your ass and get your own fucking beer! You think that leg sucks? Fuck you man! Sit in this chair for 30 fucking years!
    My friends shake the dew off my lilly because I can't fucking do it. I piss the bed at my friends houses nightly, because I can't fucking help it.
    Your arms work, your other leg is fine, get the fuck up and do something with yourself. I am fucked, and can't do a damn thing about it!
    But, you are one fat fucking pussy, if you think you can't do anything, cause your fuckin' leg hurts. You make me sick sometimes!"

That might not be word for word. But, it is real damn close. A guy is not likely to forget that ass chewin'.

You want to talk about an eye opener!

I don't think I slept for three days after that. I never sat in a wheelchair again. Within 3 weeks I was walking without crutches.
    And, mentally, I was a very different person, than I had ever been. Within a month I was back to setting tile. Jeremy helped me and I paid him $20hr cash money.
    I was driving my truck with a stick, seriously! I braked with my left foot, and ran the accelerator with a stick!
    Within 6 months, I was riding dirt-bikes again! Didn't need my stick anymore. Had a new job as a heavy equipment maint. tech.
    And was coaching motocross at a local track. All but quit drinking, and did quit pain-meds.
    I am not kidding when I say Dave saved my life!

I met Allison at the track coaching her son Jacob. Here is a pic of me sweeping Jacobs gate at a race in 07':

408811_320408817992861_265884242_n.jpg

Jacob during a race:

394224_320495231317553_35698608_n.jpg

Sadly, Dave passed in 08' at 35 yrs. I was very lucky to be able to thank him in person before he left.
    So, when people see my screwed up ankle and say things like "I don't know how you do it", I just think to myself: Thanks Dave!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It was, twice. That apparently is just where it wanted to be.
    The doctors can't quite wrap their heads around it either. My ankle is fuxored.
    Zero cartilage left. Range of motion is nill. That leg is 1.750" shorter than the other.
    And the level of pain is fucking insane. It would kill a mere mortal.
    My resulting pain threshold is sky high. When I broke my ribs, I mowed the grass later that day with a push-mower.
    I ain't saying it didn't hurt, but my stupidity level is pretty high as well.

A little story cause, why not. A small tidbit about me, and why I am the way I am sometimes.
    I broke that leg in the early 2000's. I was single, and had only been in AZ for about 1.5 years. Was setting tile for a living making real decent money.
    I lived in a trailer I rented from a friend parked on a property where he had his shop that he built gates located.
    Life was pretty good for a bachelor. That injury combined with a couple other events in my circle of friends, would put me at rock bottom in a matter of a week.
    I lost everything. I was down to me, my truck, my clothes, and wheelchair-bound, with no job.
    I ended up living with another friend, his girlfriend, and her two kids. You would think this was a bad situation.
    Quite the opposite was the truth. This friend had another friend, who I credit with saving my life.
    His name was David Reese. And he had palsy. He had been in a wheelchair his whole life. And, he needed help with everything.
    He could do basically nothing for himself.
    He drove his electric chair around with his elbow, because he couldnt reach the joystick with his hand as his arms were permanently bent.
    But, Dave was an amazing dude! And my other buddy (Frankie), Dave, and I were quite the trio.
    I had become a very bad alcoholic. Feeling sorry for myself, and worthless. I drank, and I drank a lot. 18pk of beer a day, minimum.
    My leg was now an excuse for everything. I couldn't do this, I couldn't do that.
    Well, Frankie's girlfriends boy (Jeremy, 13-14yrs at the time) was my little buddy. We were like two peas in a pod.
    I was more his daddy than Frankie, or his real dad.
    One day we are all out in the garage drinking beer, and playing pool. Dave and I in wheelchairs. By now the doctors had me trying to walk with crutches.
    But, I hated it. It hurt like hell. Remember, I am now well over a year in to being a cripple, and coming to grips with the fact that this is permanent.
    I had also gained a significant amount of weight (which I still struggle with).
    Frankie's girlfriend Julie (another awesome person) was making every effort to get me out of that chair. And, using my crutches.
    Well, that day, I said "Jeremy, get me a beer!".....and, all hell broke loose!

Dave (remember, palsy, stuck in wheelchair, can barely feed himself 2 or three beans at a time with a long spoon) pipes up and starts yelling at me!
    And, it went something like this:

"Listen you fat crybaby! Get off your ass and get your own fucking beer! You think that leg sucks? Fuck you man! Sit in this chair for 30 fucking years!
    My friends shake the dew off my lilly because I can't fucking do it. I piss the bed at my friends houses nightly, because I can't fucking help it.
    Your arms work, your other leg is fine, get the fuck up and do something with yourself. I am fucked, and can't do a damn thing about it!
    But, you are one fat fucking pussy, if you think you can't do anything, cause your fuckin' leg hurts. You make me sick sometimes!"

That might not be word for word. But, it is real damn close. A guy is not likely to forget that ass chewin'.

You want to talk about an eye opener!

I don't think I slept for three days after that. I never sat in a wheelchair again. Within 3 weeks I was walking without crutches.
    And, mentally, I was a very different person, than I had ever been. Within a month I was back to setting tile. Jeremy helped me and I paid him $20hr cash money.
    I was driving my truck with a stick, seriously! I braked with my left foot, and ran the accelerator with a stick!
    Within 6 months, I was riding dirt-bikes again! Didn't need my stick anymore. Had a new job as a heavy equipment maint. tech.
    And was coaching motocross at a local track. All but quit drinking, and did quit pain-meds.
    I am not kidding when I say Dave saved my life!

I met Allison at the track coaching her son Jacob. Here is a pic of me sweeping Jacobs gate at a race in 07':

408811_320408817992861_265884242_n.jpg

Jacob during a race:

394224_320495231317553_35698608_n.jpg

Sadly, Dave passed in 08' at 35 yrs. I was very lucky to be able to thank him in person before he left.
    So, when people see my screwed up ankle and say things like "I don't know how you do it", I just think to myself: Thanks Dave!
    Every one of us could benefit from a good swift kick in the ass at sometime in life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight machine View Post
    Every one of us could benefit from a good swift kick in the ass at sometime in life!
    I benefited in very huge ways from that ass-chewin'!
    It really still amazes me how in about one minute, Dave completely re-programmed an entire human. No bullshit.
    I guess the conditions were perfect for the new parameters to really sink in.

So much for my nice little break I have been enjoying the last couple days. Several PO bombs just dropped! Back to work!

29. Likes SND, Philabuster, extropic, D KIRBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I benefited in very huge ways from that ass-chewin'!

So much for my nice little break I have been enjoying the last couple days. Several PO bombs just dropped! Back to work!
    That's good, things are a bit slow here.