Thread: B&A Precision

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah but who can mow the grass when it rains 1/2" every other day. Lawn mower just gets stuck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When you have grass grow that fast, you need a sickle bar not a mower.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TDegenhart View Post

Tom
    Goats................

4. Likes DavidScott, bryan_machine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    ... and to think that he moved out of the "rust belt", but his Dodge is gunna look like mine soon ...

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    Ohh hell no it isn't! At least not your red one. I effin' hate rust!
    There is more than just the climate, and road-salt, to the rust-belt. The acidity of the soil has a lot to do with it as well.
    I am not going to "treat" my dirt. That is just silly. I will however cover it up with concrete, gravel, or grass.
    Who wants to live on a plain ole' dirt lot anyways?
    The main reason though, for the concrete pad is Pit-Stop. I have already had to unload the Bralco truck twice by hand. That sucks for me, and the driver.
    And, NO, I am not getting a different fork-lift. I will probably get buried standing on Pit-Stop. That is how much I love that guy!

And, yes Perry, that is the neighbors slab in front of his shop/garage I was standing on when I snapped that pic.

Speaking of the neighbor: I seriously lucked out there! The guy is cool as hell! Super nice guy. We align pretty well. Both tinkerers, and always busy.
    He is actually an electrical engineer, and runs a small electronics fab out of his shop.
    You would never guess what is going on in there from the outside looking in! (kinda like me)
    But, he is doing some serious stuff in there. RF-matches, RF-generators, Plasma systems, yea, voo-doo type stuff!
    He has a 40hp Phase-Converter generating 3-ph for the stuff he is doing, and says it is "just" adequate. He is super jelly of my PP-3160, LOL.
    And, what I am doing over here does not bother him one bit! In fact, he loves it! I can actually see him and I doing stuff together.
    So, yea, lucked out big-time with the neighbor that will be most affected by what I am doing.
    All the other neighbors are far enough away, They will never hear a thing. So, I should have the biggest risk of bringing this mess home, mitigated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good news re the neighbor.

What's going on with the tool changer issues (Wrustle (not) )?

7. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by extropic View Post
    Good news re the neighbor.

What's going on with the tool changer issues (Wrustle (not) )?
    I am starting to think Ox and the boys were on the right track suspecting voltage issues

Phil and I moved the taps over one tick. And everything ran fine.
    I called up "my guy" (the local one) and picked his brain. He said DC-buss was a little low @ 310ish V/DC. "put it back".
    So, I did. They all got glitchy again.
    Random BS alarms. From Y-limit on one to Overvoltage on another. And even the random dreaded 625 TC alarm rearing its ugly head again.
    So I called another guy, who I feel is fuzz smarter than "my guy".
    He is actually who I bought the third HAAS from, and the guy who has repaired a couple spindle drives for me (you guys should be able to sleuth out who that is).
    He suggested moving the taps back where phil and I put them.
    And, that a little low on the DC-buss is fine, as long as it isn't going below 270V/DC when the spindle ramps up (which would shut the control down), a little low is better than a little high. The machines definitely run better there!
    Still getting random Y-limit alarms on one.
    The machine that had TC issues last year has not been ran much this week. And when it was, it was one-tool programs (engraving).
    So, I don't really know how that one is running? it hasn't had to do any tool changes, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TDegenhart View Post

Tom

That brings back some awful memories. I don't know if any machine ever devised requires more maintenance and is more fussy than a sickle mower. I've spent plenty of time unplugging one and riveting on new sickle sections and ledger plates. When we got a rotary style haybind it was a good day. Funny how that showed up about the time I was moving out...

Kind of like the Bobcat and the forklift that actually ran and had brakes...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    Still getting random Y-limit alarms on one.
    Might just need to adjust the grid shift. Probably something got bumped a little during the recent trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ewlsey View Post

That brings back some awful memories. I don't know if any machine ever devised requires more maintenance and is more fussy than a sickle mower. I've spent plenty of time unplugging one and riveting on new sickle sections and ledger plates. When we got a rotary style haybind it was a good day. Funny how that showed up about the time I was moving out...

OK - let;s just say that Pappa was well off enough when you were 10 to have purchased good this and that.

Who would you be now?

I doubt that you believe that he was holding back, but things go in cycles. Maybe times are tight, and a fella needs to milk the snot outta what he has, and git that paid down, then once you git over that hill, and/or some better times come around, then you can pony up for the next round of upgrades.

Life's financial status's are rarely linear.

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

12. Likes wheelieking71, moonlight machine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kids leaving the house is a financial windfall.

14. Likes moonlight machine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    OK - let;s just say that Pappa was well off enough when you were 10 to have purchased good this and that.

Who would you be now?

I doubt that you believe that he was holding back, but things go in cycles.
    It's also important to remember, it seems like all we had was junk, but I know others got by with far less. My grandpa and his brothers had to threaten to walk off the farm before my great grandpa would buy a tractor. He'd have happily carried on with mules and horses.

Speaking of cycles, my dad went through maybe 3 square balers that I can remember. Scrapped them all. He finally bought the John Deere baler that he used as a kid baling for my grandparents neighbor when it was sold on auction about 10 years ago. They don't do many square bales any more, but that thing still runs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by VSMI View Post
    Kids leaving the house is a financial windfall.

Maybe. I think it was also a massive reduction in pretty much free labor. We used to do all square bales stacked by hand (no elevator), long after everyone else was using round bales. Same with cleaning the barn out. Used to do all the corners with pitch forks by hand and toss it in the middle to scoop up with the old Oliver loader tractor.

Now they run mostly round bales and the Bobcat does all the nooks and crannies. The equipment had a cost, but it's not like Dad can clone himself. They also scaled things down a little, less cows, more sheep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

...but it's not like Dad can clone himself...
    Sure he can, they just grow up and move out!

18. Likes ManualEd, wheelieking71, swatkins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Harrington View Post
    Sure he can, they just grow up and move out!
    Plus you have to feed them for at least 10 years before they can even mow the lawn.