Close
Login to Your Account

Page 196 of 196 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196
Results 3,901 to 3,909 of 3909

Thread: B&A Precision

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On my 96 VF3 there were pretty large openings at the top of the enclosure. I don't think a mist collector would work without making some panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ewlsey View Post
    On my 96 VF3 there were pretty large openings at the top of the enclosure. I don't think a mist collector would work without making some panels.
    "Were"? Did you sell the VF3?

Mine seems to be working well, even with the gaping holes around the pallet-changer, and the large void at the tool-changer.
    This Mist-Away unit moves a whole lot of air compared to the Tri-Mist that was on it. Even after I figured out the Tri-mist is a 208-230v machine.
    Plugged in to the 110v receptacle on the machine (as it was when it showed up), it was pretty much worthless.
    I got it connected to 220v and it came to life. But, the Mist-Away is even better yet.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Awesome!, my lucky day. Bill, I hope nothing else breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    Uhh, nothing. Thats about what I can afford after fixing it.

4. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As for backlights on monitors, the CCFL tube usually turns a pink color as it dies, over a long period of time. If the whites were white and not yellowish or pink, then it was probably the backlight inverter. You can typically get these for $4-10 on Amazon. The type you need is based on the input voltage (12v or 24v?) and the length of the CCFL tube. The length is based on the width of the screen typically, 1 tube at the top or bottom that runs the full width. A 12" tube driver will work with a 10" screen, but a 6" driver will not work or work well, with a 12" tube.

I got a bunch of 12" tubes from Parallax from the free table during their annual meetup. I had a bunch of CCFL inverters from years ago and used them both to make under-shelf lighting for my metal storage cabinet. There is a switch in the door-jamb that I can turn on manually and turn off automatically when the door closes. It's not a lot of light, but enough to see stuff on the shelves.

6. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Shop is looking pretty good my man.

8. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Harrington View Post
    As for backlights on monitors, the CCFL tube usually turns a pink color as it dies, over a long period of time. If the whites were white and not yellowish or pink, then it was probably the backlight inverter. You can typically get these for $4-10 on Amazon. The type you need is based on the input voltage (12v or 24v?) and the length of the CCFL tube. The length is based on the width of the screen typically, 1 tube at the top or bottom that runs the full width. A 12" tube driver will work with a 10" screen, but a 6" driver will not work or work well, with a 12" tube.

I got a bunch of 12" tubes from Parallax from the free table during their annual meetup. I had a bunch of CCFL inverters from years ago and used them both to make under-shelf lighting for my metal storage cabinet. There is a switch in the door-jamb that I can turn on manually and turn off automatically when the door closes. It's not a lot of light, but enough to see stuff on the shelves.
    I have been googling the heck out of all that.
    YES, the display was showing a pinkish hue upon first power up in the AM. I did notice that!
    And, I have found both the display, and the inverter, available on the net. Both obsolete from the OEM, but available.
    Having the pinkish hue present, it sounds to me like the safe bet would be buy a new display (SHARP LQ10D421).
    Both parts can be seen here:

20170720_130339.jpg

I am tempted to swap this backlight inverter in to one of the other mills, and see if the display goes black.
    That should tell me for sure if it was the inverter, or the display, correct?

If it works, I will order up a display ($100ish) to fix this monitor for a spare for the other machines. That way, if one goes, I wont be out $600 again!
    The replacement monitor I installed yesterday is completely different.

10. Likes extropic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah, do parts swap. That display has dual lamps, somewhat unusual in laptops, but I guess for older spec industrial...

$100 is a good price for a new panel assembly.

HAAS 600% markup strikes again!

12. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    Although, I think I doubled their value with the mist collectors!

Attachment 203648

If anybody is on the fence about whether mist collectors are worth it or not: DO EET!
    I should have done this years ago!
    Shop looks really good Wheelie. Clean too! You getting any work done in there? Kinda surprised that you've got a mill right in front of a bay door, but trust you had your reasons. Would probably make sense with pics of the whole shop/layout - hint, hint (which you probably posted 50 pages ago, but I've forgotten about).

Brent

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Make sure you prime the OSB board with an oil base primer. I tried using a latex primer and large halos would show through the latex paint. Must have been something in the glue that was used in the manufacturing process.

15. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post