Close
Login to Your Account

Page 50 of 179 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 3571

Thread: B&A Precision

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Check the pressure on your nitrogen counterbalance, you might be low and that's causing extra load on the Z and the Z faults.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hmmm... Marshawn Lynch (the Beast of Beast Mode for the Seahawks) returned to training camp today. And Wheelie went into "beast mode" and caught up. Coincidence????

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Harrington View Post
    Check the pressure on your nitrogen counterbalance, you might be low and that's causing extra load on the Z and the Z faults.
    No nitrogen on this old turd.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    Not much time for picher shootin' as I have been runnin' my balls off keeping spindles singing. But, figured I would throw a couple up real quick.

These are fun:

Those look familiar. I will try to get by with the go pro for you to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I knew you would recognize them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Then rip and tear with my new favorite 1/2" EM:
    Did I miss the details on this EM? I am looking to have a new favorite also, LOL... please share!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So, I guess today I wanted to see just how much mustard the old gear-boxed VF2 had LOL:

See those big vertical grooves? Uhh, yea.....oooops! I wasn't paying enough attention, and loaded the part upside-down.

That was supposed to be the finish pass for square void in the other side.
    In the next pic you can see:
    front part) ready to load for this OP
    middle part) after this op
    rear part) ooops!

I obviously rough most of that out while the part is laying down. I even chamfer it in the 1st/2nd OP. But, I leave .025" on the walls and floor to finish while it stands. The inside corners have to be sharp.

The tool was a .750" x 2.250" 3flute older Metal-Removal that I have been using for over a year now. So, it was no way new/sharp. But, it will still cut on size, and runs real nice.
    And it obviously made it through. Since it is only supposed to be finishing .025" it was moving along pretty good. 10,000rpm and 65ipm. The spindle bogged a little. I was across the shop by the time it was cutting, so there was no stopping it. I am sure the load was pegged LOL. Not sure what would have happened if the part were twice as thick? Maybe snapped end-mill? All I know is my 20 haasypowah made it through LOL.

The chips!

They literally are the size of, and look like shiny pea husks.

Well, that was interesting. So I fucked up, fire me!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, that was interesting.
    Cool. That little Haas has more balls than I thought.
    So I fucked up, fire me!
    Meh. It could have been much worse. You just need to saw off another chunk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Meh. At least you were cutting with an end mill. The tool holder usually won't make it through the part. Ask me how I know...

10. Likes alexhawker liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Meh... If your interpolating at less than .01" in the z per rev, youd be surprised at how far that holder will go... Ask me how I know..

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've got a few of those metal sculptures around here too...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have stirr-welded a few myself

My guy is a pro at not checking his stub-lengths!
    Even when I put it in the tool description in the header with exclamation points. And tell him to "check your stubs".

I guess somebody should have told me: "check your orientation"! LOL

Where I fucked up: that was the last part, and I had just posted code for the next OP. I made a mental note of how it got oriented in the next OP.
    And then! That's how I loaded the next part! Yea, sometimes I amaze myself LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Waaay off topic (i am bored waitin' on cycle time)

Soo, I was sitting here programming the other day. Mid day. And......!!WHACK!! something hit the office window. I turned my head and there was a big splatter on the window:

I thought for sure somebody threw something at the window as loud as it was. Any guesses?

I went outside expecting to find somebodies trash or something on the ground. Which struck me as odd, cause the shop is actually in a nice hood.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Then I realized that white thing was a feather!

Yep, KAMIKAZE!!!

Took me a minute to run him down. He couldn't fly. Was all kinds of punch drunk. But, as soon as I picked him up, he went total chill.
    Then I noticed his chest was busted wide open:

I ran my finger up his chest and could feel several little bones sticking out. Pretty gruesome that the little dude actually splattered his guts all over my window, and didn't die instantly.
    I took him across the way and set him in the bushes. He scurried under one and hid. Went looking for him later. I am sure either a cat or a raven got him.

Never a dull moment around here! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

While I'm pretty sure yours was a crow I had a dog doo that once. A dog that I never seen before. ... Ran right into my back sliding door at 2:00 AM while I was making supper after fitting ground all evening. (Kitchen lights were all on)

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OK - I was REALLY close!

Your clean winders should be outlawed. Not safe for the wildlife!

FWIW - My uncle was blown out of the crows nest on the USS Terror by a Kamikaze.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dog in the middle of the night like that would have probably gotten shot at my house LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It was a pit bull no less.

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Make sure you didn't lick your fingers after touchin the bird. He could have a touch of the west nile virus. It's really prevalent in your neck of the woods this time of the year, even after they do the midnight spraying...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Haven't been in here in a while.
    Just been busy getting parts out the door. And making adjustments to how the business is run. Based off everything I have learned in the last 18months.
    First adjustment: take some weekends off! I wasn't burnt-out yet. But, I could feel it coming on strong.
    August was our worst month yet. Even worse than the rash of breakdowns immediately after we moved the shop. (although I am sure that was still contributing to the situation).
    The bank account got down under $100 at one point (scary as all hell!) A whole bunch of bad stuff happened. I had two customers that had me strung out on invoices.

August was BAD!

So, I have been focusing on efficiency. It was becoming obvious that things were just taking too long.
    One thing that meant was, that I needed to change, as "the boss". I only have one employee, so it would seem that being "the boss" would be easy. And, it is. Until! You identify and admit everything you have been doing wrong for the last 18months. I have made some pretty drastic changes in the last two months in the day-to-day affairs. It is working.

Things are getting done much-much faster. I am sure my guys days are numbered, as his cush day-gig, isn't so cush anymore. Not my problem. That pretty much sums up that situation.
    And just to keep it fair, I have cracked down heavily on myself also. That is even more of a challenge!

Those checks finally rolled in. We were able to wipe all credit-cards to zero (even the personal ones). That was a huge weight lifted. And, I have been a little more focused ever since.
    All the bills are paid, and there was a couple month nugget left over. Ahhh, time to breath.

So I am just trying to keep getting the weekly work-load done in 5 days instead of 7. Having a weekend these last couple weeks has really helped me mentally. The wifey has also been tickled to have me around.

So, yea, still pluggin' away!

Sorry, no pics. Same shop, although it is looking a lot more well used. No new toys, and there won't be for a good long while. My next new toy is at least 30 months away! LOL