What's new
What's new

Delivery today...

vwfullcup

Cast Iron
1469863_237291469767798_1287466820_n.jpg

1477552_237291813101097_1924400579_n.jpg

Have to wait until tuesday next week for that. Chip conveyor has to be here along with the TSC and 4th axis before they will do the install/setup.

Congrats on the new machines, but I am curious with all that space you seem to have chosen a rather odd looking layout. I am sure it is an optical illusion of the photo but that chip conveyor on the lathe looks close to the doors of the mill? It is a personal preference of mine but I like to have a small table, or cart next too the milling machine and it doesnt look like there is much room to maneuver. Especially once you get the can under the chip conveyor and then make sure there is some elbow room to move the can in and out.

I must say I do rather like the colors on those newer machines...a good combination but I am sure there will now be 100 people who will hate them. :D

Charles

The chip conveyor isnt pushed all the way in. its a good 2.5 feet sticking out of the machine. When they come out on tuesday they will lower and level the machine which will allow the conveyor to be pushed in completely.

Ill take some more pictures from a different angle, there is plenty of room :) There will be a work table next to the mill and there is a tool cart and another toolbox directly behind the mill.

I Love the colors of the new machines. almost haas like in color though...

VW,

Thanks for being a good sport and posting pics after the last thread got closed. Some of us were interested in what you have going on there.

Big B

Last edited:
What size GX series compressor did you get? I'm looking at a GX2 or GX4 for home.

it is a GX5 FF

VW,

Thanks for being a good sport and posting pics after the last thread got closet. Some of us were interested in what you have going on there.

Big B

Ill just let that thread die. Im not too happy with the forum mod. I talked with but I know lots of folks wanted to see the progress. As you can see I wasnt stretching the truth at all ;)

We also purchased a press brake, nothing too fancy but it will work great for the products we have to make.

It's super cute aint it! doesnt seem like much for nearly 70k$

Waiting on the following:

LNS Chip conveylor
1000psi Chipblaster
Tsudakoma RNA200R 4th axis

no conveyor on this mill would be a NIGHTMARE!

Thanks!

Just placed my tool order with a new company. They have really stepped up and are taking care of me when the other place really dropped the ball.

28 techniks tool holders on the way!

why thank you!

Initially placed the PO for the rna160 but they are backordered until late Jan so I decided to upgrade to the rna200. Trunion in the very near future, just need to decide if I want to purchase or build my own.

Back