What's new
What's new

How my home shop begins

Steve@Reliance

Hot Rolled
I got tired of waiting for Russ to continue his home shop thread so I decided to go out and buy a place so I could do a home shop thread too. :D

After living in town for 13 years I decided to move back outside of town where I belong. there is 4 acres with a house and pole barn. We moved into the house on Sept 25 and the shop will be moving from a 2300 sq ft industrial mall to the barn when it is ready to move in. The floor should be going in next week. I hope to be in in dec. sometime. There is also a 1400 sq. ft toy room (garage) that has 12 ft ceilings.

The house had been vacant for a year and is a real fixer upper, so I have my work cut out for me.

5237RegionalRoadMay122009071.jpg

5237RegionalRoadMay122009072.jpg

5237RegionalRoadMay122009115.jpg

5237RegionalRoadMay122009089.jpg

5237RegionalRoadMay122009108.jpg

Copyof5237RegionalRoadMay122009116.jpg

Our place backs onto a golf course and overlooks a pond, so the views are nice. I will post pics of the shop as things get going.

"These pics were taken in may when we first loked at the place. there has been a considerable amount of cleanup done in the last week and a half. "

And I suspect that by the end of this week your yard will be burried in 6 ft of snow? :) Looks like a nice quite place, close enough to the golf course you could set up a beer stand and make a buck or two.

Look forward to seeing more progress, thanks for sharing.

Charles

Glad to see you posting your own! (Actually - didn't you have a thread from before?)

I'm lookin' at the pics - thinkin' .... Golf course? :confused:

House looks nice as well as solid and sqr.

Outbuilding looks like it's gunna be needing some attention. :willy_nilly:
You wunna barrow a Salamander? ;)

-------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Free golf & sand bunker practice!!!!!!:cloud9:

It would be hard to work with that staring at you.

Since you are in Canada, you have to make the best of good weather.;)

I think??????????????????:skep:

Looks good. Keep a picture journal of it. Keep us informed ,too.

JAckal :D

Glad to see you posting your own! (Actually - didn't you have a thread from before?)

I'm lookin' at the pics - thinkin' .... Golf course? :confused:

House looks nice as well as solid and sqr.

Outbuilding looks like it's gunna be needing some attention. :willy_nilly:
You wunna barrow a Salamander? ;)

-------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I have a thread from the current shop in here somewhere.

The golf course is 50 ft behind the barn.

We haven't had any frost yet, but i'll be needing that salamander soon!;)

Not yet? You lower Canuks need to git with the program!

We've had killing frost here as well as our northern destination (Chapleau area) e-mailed they had snow on the porch a week ago. Trace elements, but snow none-the-less. :D

------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I have enough trouble staying focused on work, If I had a golf course out the back door I probably wouldn't get anything done! Nice place, keep us posted!

You took down a perfectly good 2 hole privy? :eek:

(Or was that jist a one hole for wide loads?)

You may be wanting that later this winter when your pipes freeze - b/c you didn't fetch a salamander yet. ;)

-------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I was gonna say... That would have been the fanciest privy I've ever laid eyes on.

A two-holer with WINDOWS! Probably would have a wood stove curtains and a gas lamp too, for those long cogitation sessions on cold nights.

:)

Is that shed (it's not a "shop" jist yet) tinned on the outside?

Your replacing the sliding door strait away?

Are you planning on being in there yet this winter, or staying put for a few more months and moving in _ in the spring?

-----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Work on that shop has pretty much ended for the winter. We are making a tempoary move into a somewhat smaller but finished building on the same property. I told the landlord we were going to move and now he has found a couple of guys interested in our current space so I want to move ASAP. I plan on finishing the new shop by the time it gets cool next fall

Great pics. I've never see a house like that before. It looks kind of old school industrial. Could you post or link some larger pics please.

Back