What's new
What's new

My machine shop--Precision Machining in China(1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

delia84212

Banned
My machine shop--Precision Machining in China 1

Hello. Everyone. I'm new to this amazing forum. My name is Delia, a sales manager of precision custom metal parts for years in China. Today i am more than happy to share with friends here some pictures of our machine shop.

First, let me give you an impression what Delia looks like.
Delia-CNC Machined Parts.jpg
We are supplying services of turning,machining and milling. Regular raw material: aluminum, brass, copper, carbon steel, stainless steel and some plastics.

Automatic lathe line for some simple custom parts.
Automatic Lathes Line.jpg Online Inspection.jpg
CNC Machining Centers
CNC Machining Center Line.jpg CNC Machining Certer DTC850L.jpg

Last edited:
This has the potential of being a very interesting thread where a point of view not often seen on PM is discussed, or it could just disintegrate into something akin to VWfullcup's thread (remember that cluster?)...

Either way :popcorn:

My machine shop--Precision Machining in China 4

Wire-EDM. There are WEDM-HS and WEDM-LS (Sodick). WEDM-HS was cutting stainless steel rods for a ex-center. There was a special hole to be machined by WEDM-LS
???????????1.6???.jpg ??????????????????.jpg WEDM-LS.jpg

Milling Machines
Milling Machine 1.jpg Milling Machine 2.jpg

Very interesting to see how a shop is set up in another country. A lot of newer equipment, and well organized. I am surprised however by the lack of safety glasses.

I would think you would want eye protection anywhere outside of the office. I am curious if there are any regulations over there for safety protection in the workplace.

Hi, Thanks for your kind comment.Which place should safety glasses be added from your point of view?

I would think you would want eye protection anywhere outside of the office. I am curious if there are any regulations over there for safety protection in the workplace.
Unlikely, and if they are, unlikely they would be enforced.

Hi, Thanks for your kind comment.Which place should safety glasses be added from your point of view?
To the operators face, usually the best place for them.

That is a joke, sorta.

Welcome Delia. Looks like a nice place!

A few tips as you are new here:

-your writing font is huge, try to post so that your script looks like the other posts in this thread.

-a lot of folks here have been running machines of some sort or another probably longer than you've been alive, and are a little bitter about the U.S. outsourcing so much manufacturing to China, so be prepared for snarky posts.

-as a lot of folks here have spent a great deal of their lives in loud, dangerous, and physically demanding environments often populated to some degree by functional idiots, their sense of humor tends toward taking the piss (goodhearted insults) as an awkward way of paying compliments

-sometimes it's tricky to know when someone's doing a piss take or actually insulting you

-machinists (essentially everyone on this forum) may not really like sales people (but the smart ones are also sales people or see the value of them) so brace yourself

-be patient and keep posting because it's fascinating for everyone to see how other shops operate. There is a whole section of this site dedicated just to showing what our workplaces are like. Even the guys who will inevitably say negative things about your country are interested to see how you work there. Stick around.

Welcome Delia. Looks like a nice place!

A few tips as you are new here:

-your writing font is huge, try to post so that your script looks like the other posts in this thread.

-a lot of folks here have been running machines of some sort or another probably longer than you've been alive, and are a little bitter about the U.S. outsourcing so much manufacturing to China, so be prepared for snarky posts.

-as a lot of folks here have spent a great deal of their lives in loud, dangerous, and physically demanding environments often populated to some degree by functional idiots, their sense of humor tends toward taking the piss (goodhearted insults) as an awkward way of paying compliments

-sometimes it's tricky to know when someone's doing a piss take or actually insulting you

-machinists (essentially everyone on this forum) may not really like sales people (but the smart ones are also sales people or see the value of them) so brace yourself

-be patient and keep posting because it's fascinating for everyone to see how other shops operate. There is a whole section of this site dedicated just to showing what our workplaces are like. Even the guys who will inevitably say negative things about your country are interested to see how you work there. Stick around.

Thank you a million for your kindness and warm reminder. My friend. It was unexpected and i was nervous when i received the first similar reminder yesterday about my country. That was the first day i was on this forum. But today, i see much kindness and friendly folks. What i obtained is warmness and moved very much. Thanks a lot. I will take care of myself!

May all the kind people have a wonderful life!

Delia

Good start for a cold-entry, Delia, Welcome!

Helpful if you build bridges with your technical staff - there may be a good deal of interest in what machines and tooling are used, what tolerances are held, and what sort of training the staff typically receive.

I hope you continue with small text, and even larger photographs. Walls and floors we have all seen. Closeups of 'the working bits' and - where permitted - some of the raw and finished products - are more interesting to most of us.

Regards,

韓家標
Thank you. 韩. i would revise the font size later. For pictures. i did it by Basic Upload. May i have your help on how to upload larger photographs? It's much better to look at a clear picture directly without clicking it. I see some people do like that but i don't know how to manage it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back