Thread: Steve's Shop

Steve Stube is offline Hot Rolled

Want to try posting a photo of my shop.

It's 28' X 48' two story. A few changes have been made since the photo. Lights above the doors, corner trim, 3' door in the left end (West) on the second level. I especially like it's cozy warm feel in our Michigan winters. R-24 above grade throughout (6" of glass and 1" Dow foam), lots of Dow foam around the perimeter and under the floor, tripple pane glass and insulated doors. About a $100.00 for natural gas for a heating season at 62 degrees inside. The ground floor is for metal working plus a small 1/2 bath and the upstairs is woodshop and an electrical repair room. It has been a work in progress (still) since 1982 when I initially built. Between 1983 and 1999 it became a storage building for the most part and occasionally I heated it with wood in the winter when I had time to do some wiring, plum the air, insulate, hang a door or put up a wall. In 99' I sheeted and painted the interior plus installed the heating system . It could only be done about 1/4 at a time because of all the machinery and storage stuff. As I make more room in the shop to arrange machines, etc., the garage and basement are getting the overflow. My 24' X 36' garage had been my working shop area until recently. All in all I have done 99.9% of the total project to date.

[This message has been edited by Steve Stube (edited 08-14-2003).]

BR not 549 is offline Junior Member

Can we see under her skirt?

That building looks great. I am new here so I did a search but did not see what your shop mainly deals with.

Sounds like a perfect place to design, build and construct some very nice loudspeakers for home high fidelity. Their is large profit in that game.

Very nice!

In time I hope to add some interior shots but it seems such a mess comparred to others like doug925 posted a few days ago. I can hardly see a benchtop for the clutter - if I could, I'd put down the formica that I have for some of them.

"That building looks great." Thanks for the flattery! It is my own design and great care went into the planning and exicution of each detail/construction phase. I am putting together a design and construction detail package for this building - hope to make it available on CD by Spring.

My shop is offically a hobby shop. Only requirement is 1. that the majority of projects be fun, 2. that I steer clear of production quantities (prototypes are okay but no more than a few of the same item), 3. if it isn't fun it must at least make my life easier. If I make money at my hobby, it goes back into the hobby, however, it's not a requirement to make money - HOBBY.

If anyone would be interested, I have posted some SHOP PHOTOS at this location. Kind of an incomplete nickel tour.

http://www.chaski.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hmalbum& Number=2090&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=21&fpart= all&vc=1

D.,
    I hope this is not a problem referencing the other board but for the one or two that might be interested I didn't think it would be worth taking up the space here. If there is a better way please let me know. TIA

[This message has been edited by Steve Stube (edited 06-10-2004).]

pstret is offline Junior Member

Nice shop Steve. In England we would call this a house!!!
    Paul (UK)

Thank you. It is my home away from home even if it is only 30 seconds door to door.

mosif281 is offline Member

Steve
    That's a very nice looking shop, I'm sure that it is a reflection of your maticulous craftsmanship.