What's new
What's new

aint that how it always works

plastikdreams

Diamond
years ago when i started operating cnc's i went and bought some mitutoyo digital mic's 0-1 1-2 and 2-3. coolant proof, ratchet thimble, the whole shebang. one monday i came in and it seemed like the shaft was bent on the 0-1. so i fiddled with it indicated it lubed it...got it finally turning smooth again. but now it was reading off, skipping a lot. after more fooling i pretty much wrote it off and used my vernier mic. well, last week i decided to get a new one to replace the bad one. it came in and looks all pretty and stuff. so i got to thinking, whats inside this thing that could go wrong? took the digital face off and low and behold there is a tiny set screw in there. tightened it up and now its as good as new. the only good thing is, the new readout is .00005 as opposed to .0001. lol :angry::willy_nilly:

guess i have one to keep in the box for special occasions and one to keep with me.

I had one of these and wasn't so lucky I was measuring the thickness of a block while the cut was still going through and the mic. caught on the tool change arm.
Guess I was lucky not to lose a finger.

Back