Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Anyi brand caliper question ??

mausli is offline Plastic

Default Anyi brand caliper question ??

I am thinking about getting an Anyi digital caliper. Are they any good? How does the price and quality compare to say a Mitutoyo caliper.
    Last edited by The real Leigh; 02-22-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: many typos and grammatical errors

Eric M is offline Aluminum

From Long Island Indicator's website:

Anyi digital calipers are made in Guilin, China (a picturesque landscape town in the South). Quality workmanship has arrived in China and these calipers are every bit as good as their European or Japanese equivalents. This new company started production in 2005 so it may be a while before you see these tools.

•Sales: not yet available
    •Repairs: not yet available
    •Parts: not yet available
    •Information: contact the manufacturer via their website

http://longislandindicator.com/p11.html

Default Caliper

Here are two quotes you should consider when purchasing inexpensive metrology equipment.

"You get what you pay for"

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
    Eric M, cash register and Whatley like this.

Kiwi2wheels is offline Aluminum

Quote Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
    From Long Island Indicator's website:

Anyi digital calipers are made in Guilin, China (a picturesque landscape town in the South). Quality workmanship has arrived in China and these calipers are every bit as good as their European or Japanese equivalents. This new company started production in 2005 so it may be a while before you see these tools.

•Sales: not yet available
    •Repairs: not yet available
    •Parts: not yet available
    •Information: contact the manufacturer via their website

[url]http://longislandindicator.com/p11.html[/url]
    Many thanks for that link ! It definitely gives one the information to choose wisely.

[edit] Just looked over the home page, it's goldmine !!

TheKen is offline Plastic

Insize is another Chinese company that recently started selling in the United States. A local distributer brought some of their tools over to demo them. They function and look very nice. But not sure how they will hold up long term. They are very much cheaper than say Starrett or Mitutoyo.

We did purchase a 300mm / 12" electronic caliper. So far it is holding up well.

One thing our distributer did say was that if the gage broke, it is more cost effective to replace it than it is to get it repaired. Thought I'd mention that.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by mausli View Post
    I am thinking about getting an Anyi digital caliper. Are they any good? How does the price and quality compare to say a Mitutoyo caliper.
    I know Anyi well and have been to their factory in Guilin. I first met them at an exhibition in Stuttgart, Germany 4 years ago and their product quality is exellent.

I've found the quality and accuracy to be comparable to any Japanese or European make and in fact import (on a small scale) from them. Their service is also excellent.

Anyi is one of the reasons I get rather p****d-off when I hear all the negative remarks on "Chinese crap" as it certainly isn't the case with Anyi.

Customer Feedback, Client Testimonials for Anyi Measuring Tools

The picture on the bottom left is myself and wife at Anyi. The bottom right picture is also us plus friends.

China Measuring Instrument Manufacturer & Supplier - Anyi Measuring Tools

Quote Originally Posted by TheKen View Post
    Insize is another Chinese company that recently started selling in the United States. A local distributer brought some of their tools over to demo them. They function and look very nice. But not sure how they will hold up long term. They are very much cheaper than say Starrett or Mitutoyo.

We did purchase a 300mm / 12" electronic caliper. So far it is holding up well.

One thing our distributer did say was that if the gage broke, it is more cost effective to replace it than it is to get it repaired. Thought I'd mention that.

Ken
    I'm not saying Insize isn't good but given the choice I'd choose Anyi every time

thermite is offline Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by mausli View Post
    Eyesight is pretty good since they put the plastic IOL's into place. But damme if I didn't read 'A ENN WYE EYE' as a 'A ENN WYE ELL'....

.. and wondered when proctology became such a precise profession....

Go figure..

Bill
    toolmaker76 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    eyesight is pretty good since they put the plastic iol's into place. But damme if i didn't read 'a enn wye eye' as a 'a enn wye ell'....
    Bill
    Does this help?

Quote Originally Posted by Higher Precision View Post
    Here are two quotes you should consider when purchasing inexpensive metrology equipment.

"You get what you pay for"

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
    Those two quotes weren't meant for anything specific In fact, as to the first quote, I remember it as "If you're lucky you get what you pay for. You rarely get more".

Inexpensive anything can be just as good as expensive although the chances are smaller. When I buy something I think is expensive then my expectations are also higher.

A $20,000 car (assuming you keep to the speed limits) will get you from A to B just as fast as one to $1,000,000. The trick is to buy what you need at the best price and never forgetting that "If it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't true".

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    I'm not saying Insize isn't good but given the choice I'd choose Anyi every time
    Do you have a lot of experience with Insize Gordon? The cost of the Insize gages are very low compared to other name brand gages and we were wondering how well they would hold up over the long haul.

Thanks,
    Ken

Do you have a lot of experience with Insize Gordon? The cost of the Insize gages are very low compared to other name brand gages and we were wondering how well they would hold up over the long haul.

Thanks,
    Ken
    I don't have any first hand experience. I've handled their stuff at an exhibition in Stuttgart, Germany but not enough to say how good the quality is.

The reason I might come across as negative is from some remarks i heard from other Chinese caliper manufacturers at the same exhibition. Insize (for whatever reason) didn't seem popular with other Chinese companies and I got the feeling they "didn't play fair".

As said I've got no proof to back that up but I do know that one of their European salesmen was fired from a very reputable European measuring equipment company.

If you find the Insize calipers cheap enough to be interesting you can always buy one and check how accurate it is.

You don't have to do everything in this link but it'll give you a good idea on what to look for and check

http://www.f-m-s.dk/DIN862.pdf

and if you want a shorter version (that also includes micrometers) then:

http://www.f-m-s.dk/DIN862+863.pdf

We actually have bought a 12"/300mm electronic caliper from Insize. We do our own calibration in-house and have checked it out. So far so good. Our only real concern is how they hold up over time. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

We are going to give it to one of our people back in the factory and let them try it out without telling them it is a Chinese gage. Unfortunately, most people do assume that anything coming from China is junk.

I have actually gotten to handle some of the other gages they sell and they all feel and look very nice. They kinda remind me of Mitutoyo is their design.

Thank you for the links and the other information.

We actually have bought a 12"/300mm electronic caliper from Insize. We do our own calibration in-house and have checked it out. So far so good. Our only real concern is how they hold up over time. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

We are going to give it to one of our people back in the factory and let them try it out without telling them it is a Chinese gage. Unfortunately, most people do assume that anything coming from China is junk.
    What I have found in the last 5 to 10 years with calipers (regardless of where they come from) is that if they are OK from the start then they don't suddenly become bad.

One thing I'd recommend that all do as soon as they've bought a digital caliper is to do a quick check to see if it's within the tolerances in my post #12
    If you are one of those that like to mark your caliper with your initials or a number NEVER do so until you have verified it conforms to spec. You can't then return it.

Remember too that the "allowance" is greater for internal and depth measurement than the tolerance for length measurement, which is 0.02mm/0.0008".

The best check for internal (hole) calibration is a hole around 5mm/0.2". If it can manage that to within 0.04mm/0.0015" then it's OK.

hotbluechips is offline Plastic

I do all small tool calibrations for our company.
    This includes micrometers , calipers, depth mics, I.D. mics, and indicators.
    The insize, although it looks nice have, their flaws.
    For one thing the zero line does not touch the numbers on micrometer sleeve.
    For another the mics screw is poorly made as such as to make whoever does the calibration to split hairs at each end of the travel.
    I would not recommend them for anybody except a student or newbie apprentice.

PeteM is offline Diamond

Maybe Starrett will live up to a new tag line: "Starrett - When Anyi Thing Won't Do"?
    Eric M likes this.

LKeithR is online now Hot Rolled

I've had an 8" Insize digital caliper for about a year and a half now and so far it seems fine. Also have a dial indicator which has not presented any problems as yet. I do "baby" my tools so no hard usage here...

I'm assuming this isn't spamming as I don't gt any "kick-back" from Anyi but I've dealt with this caliper type (and they weren't all just Anyi calipers) and found they are as accurate as specified.

High Precision Digital Calipers 0,005mm resolution

For what it's worth the guy behind Anyi gives lectures on metrology part time at the leading technical universities in China.

Gordon

adama is offline Diamond

I have only encounter 2, 6" insize digital callipers, (bought by one of my customers) but in my experience they were the worst i calliper i have ever encountered. I would rather have one of those dirt cheap pressed steel vernier ones! At least you can get something resembling a dimension with those.

Both were incredibly stiff. Ni-ether display worked in any kinda a reliable way. It created such a impression i will never own anything with there brand on it ever.

Nuff Said?

I will stick with mititoyo or how ever they spell it for as long as i can either afford them or they stop making them. They work, the batteries last forever and there accurate.

Gordon, i notice the water proof Anyi ones claim to have Mititoyo inner-eds regarding battery life? If that was the same across the rest of there range and there as good as you often state i would love to give a pair a go. They really would be damn near cheap enough to have one at every machine, instead of my current approach of shop and office Mititoyo approach!

Quote Originally Posted by adama View Post

Gordon, i notice the water proof Anyi ones claim to have Mititoyo inner-eds regarding battery life? If that was the same across the rest of there range and there as good as you often state i would love to give a pair a go. They really would be damn near cheap enough to have one at every machine, instead of my current approach of shop and office Mititoyo approach!
    This is what they (Anyi) write in their IP67 spec.

"Custom chips are designed by Mitutoyo to increase battery life and functionality."

That could be read as "designed by Mitutoyo and copied by XXXX" but I don't know. OTOH Mitutoyo is certainly big enough to do something about any possible patent violation and I'm sure they would.

FWIW I've never yet been disappointed with any Anyi product I've bought. Probably their biggest problem is that they are a Chinese company and that makes them "suspect" to many.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast