What's new
What's new

Attaching Dial Test Indicator to Height Gage

averycustom

Plastic
I'm not having much luck finding an adapter to attach a dial test indicator to my Mitutoyo height gage. I'd like to pick up a Mitutoyo DTI in a set that includes the appropriate adapter. Any advice appreciated.

Mark

There are many snugs and components that will work...I am not sure I understand the problem. Is the problem how the height gage is made or the way the indicator you have attaches?

Charles

Do you specifically want the functionality of a height gauge with the DTI e.g. setting a known height or do you want a comparator? If the latter, use a surface gauge, which will often come with adaptors for a DTI.

I had a similar problem where the adapter on hand was the wrong size to fit in the height gage "cage". Just made another one from a scrap piece of CRS and a dowel pin that worked with the relevant snug.

Thanks for the responses, gonna just make an arm with a small bar of CRS and a dowel. The problem I needed to overcome is a 12x12 Starrett surface plate I got a good deal on which required keeping the DTI close to the height gage.

Thanks,

Mark

That's exactly what I made for my Mitutoyo height gage. The bars with pin exist, but finding a right size combination can be difficult.

Back