What's new
What's new

Cleveland Gage

SIP6A

Titanium
Anybody here know anything about Cleveland Gage? They were an early builder of electronic gages. I picked up a bunch of pieces and this looks to be of very high quality.
Todd W

Todd W,

I think you meant to say Cleveland Instruments.

Cleveland Instruments was also associated along the way with Bendix, Sheffield and Giddings & Lewis.

I have some old Cleveland Instrument sales literature, owner's manuals and schematics.

What models do you have? Do you have any pictures you can provide me with?

Ed

Anybody here know anything about Cleveland Gage? They were an early builder of electronic gages. I picked up a bunch of pieces and this looks to be of very high quality.
Todd W

Todd W,

Cleveland Instruments was also associated along the way with Bendix, Sheffield and Giddings & Lewis.

I have some old Cleveland Instrument sales literature, owner's manuals and schematics.

Ed

Eight years since he posed the question, and there might be three different entities in the room by now. Dead company names can get re-used.

Present-day Cleveland Instruments is but 25 years old, and a dealer/calibrator mostly.

I suspect Todd's goods are older than that - made 40 or more years back. Same era Dorsey Gage, Van Keuren, etc. were still daily-use (mechanical) goods.

American Machinist magazine may have run adverts, but that was all pre-internet days, so Google doesn't seem to know.

2CW from another "old metrology" packrat...

Todd W,

Ed

Ed,

Thanks for the post. You are correct on the name.

I have several electronic gages with the gage head. I also have a gage block comparator and a profilometer. The one gage amplifier I have must be very early in their history. With the exception of the dial card everything looks to have come from the locle radio supply house, all nuts and bolts to put together and point to point wiring.

In the next day or two I will get some pictures up of what I have.

What sort of paper do you have?

Todd

PS. I believe we have spoken on the phone. Are you the man that had some Cleveland Instrument items up on eBay?

Back