What's new
What's new

Haff & Schneider 3d taster replacement tip

cellardoor7

Cast Iron
I have a Haff & Schneider 3D taster like this one:

3d taster.jpg

I broke the ceramic tip, and I haven't been able to find a replacement. I sent an email to the headquarters in Germany, they reponded that I should go to MSC. I did, but no luck. Long Island Indicator doesn't work on them. Emax tool sells them rebadged as fowler, but no luck there either. I've talked to a number of calibration and instrument repair places, no luck. Anybody got a line on these things? To be clear, the manufacturer has updated the design, and the newer model has a threaded tip, the one I have, like the one pictured, has a taper fit tip.

Thanks

Take a close look at the image of this SPI indicator on MSC

1.225 Inch Point Length, 4mm Point 7896358 - MSC

It's a rebranded Haff Schneider, not the right tip though. MSC does have them, however. Took me three calls including one to Germany to get it sorted but MSC had them in stock. I have a spare at home so should be able to get you an item # tonight.

Think I found it. Just do a search on "SPI Stylus" on MSC and a few come up. I think you want this style, although there are multiple lengths.

Test Indicator Stylus 4439352 - MSC

Teryk

That is the one. I thought I had been thorough with my MSC search, obviously not. I'll come to you first next time. Thank you Teryk.

I suggest you order two. That way you will never break another tip. If you only order one, you'll break it next month... guaranteed :-/

Back