What's new
What's new

Has anyone used the igaging speed mics

I don't have any experience with them I have just used my 0-6 any time tools set when I'm dinking around in my shop and when I'm at work I use there starret set witch I like my any time tool mics are a bit mushy and was thinking about phasing out my mics with higher quality ones the speed mics look like they would save a littel bit of time when your turning a lot of little parts but the speed mics seem a bit gimmicky and it dosn't say on there web site where they are made. Also if i did get them i would probbly just get there 0-1 and 1-2 the rest I am planing on replacing with mitutoyo 293-332-30 style mics one of my friends has them and i like them a lot. So with that said what has been your guys experience with speed mics or any igaging product for that matter ha ha bias opinions welcome

A couple of Igaging measuring products I ever came across felt like cheap plastic POS. They might pass for woodworking needs though.

I've tried them (Mitutoyo) and wasn't impressed. Maybe the reason was that I'm more used to using a "normal" micrometer.

Maybe if all I did was to measure with a micrometer all day long I could save a bit of time but I don't know anyone that does that.

The price alone would keep me well away.

Well it sound like the consensus is Igaging stuff is just chines crap Thanks for the in put I will go with the mitutoyos for all sizes.

Well it sound like the consensus is Igaging stuff is just chines crap Thanks for the in put I will go with the mitutoyos for all sizes.

Jeez where did you get that from? If something new is very cheap then chances are it is crap and that has nothing to do with where it is made.

I know a Chinese company that bought Sylvac electronics (Swiss and IMO better that Mitutoyo's) and built a digital caliper around it. It couldn't sell as US importers wouldn't buy a Chinese caliper at a price close to Mitutoyo. About 75% the price of a Mitutoyo.

I'm lucky enough to have one and it's the one I use most often. I'm not saying don't buy Mitutoyo but part of the price is "just" for the name.

Back