What's new
What's new

Heidenhain LS486C pinout

cypherp

Aluminum
I purchased a used Heidenhain ND 780 DRO with the intention to eventually fit my old Weiler with scales some time ago.

The DRO handles scales with 1 VPP and 11 µAPP.

Intention was to keep a lookout on ebay for surplus/used scales that would fit the lathe.

I recently found a surplus LS486C scale of suitable length for the Z axis.

Remains to find a suitable cable to connect the two. Been in contact with Heidenhain via e-mail but unfortunately I have not received much help yet. Experience from previous contacts with larger companies as a private individual generally leaves something to be desired. I hope Heidenhain is different in this regard.

While I wait for a reply I will try to source a cable elsewhere.

Perhaps we have someone knowledgeable on the subject here.

The connector on the scale side should be a a female 12 pin screw on connector and on the DRO side it should be female 15 pin D-sub connector. I need around 2 m length.

Anyone know where I can source a cable except from Heidenhain?

I have seen cables that visually look similar but I'm unsure if the wiring is correct and I'm not feeling like damaging something.

For instance:

Anschlußkabel Heidenhain Maßstab MS. Sub-D auf 303 St. | eBay

Pictured below is connector on scale, pin out for the scale with "suitable cable" and pin layout for DRO.

2012-12-29 20.50.21.jpgLS486C.jpgND780-PIN-LAYOUT.jpg

Regards, A.

Hello there,

The LS 486 is 1 Vpp output. The cable you want is heidenhain ID NR 298430-XX. Last 2 digits (xx) indicates the length of the cable (-02 = 2m length)

Good luck!

Back