What's new
What's new

Help with Mitutoyo scribe.

Fluffyhead

Plastic
Hello everyone, new here :),

View attachment 221219View attachment 221220View attachment 221221View attachment 221223View attachment 221222I recently purchased a Mitutoyo height gauge for a very good price as the scribe and scribe attachment were missing, I have looked all over the internet to try and find this model but I have not found anything that is similar.

I was wondering if there is anyone out there that could guide me in the right direction or has any info as I would like to restore this height gage,
There are no model numbers to be found only a worn calibration label and a british airways label,

(photos attached sorry if they are a little dark) Thanks in advance,

- Fluffyhead.

Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 116
That's not a scribing tool (height gage), that's a height measuring stand, but not one I've seen before. It's for use with a dial indicator of some form, then parts to be measured are placed on the flat plate, and the indicator touched off the part feature.

It's using a Mits scale for gross measurement (not really appropriate for fine measuring), not sure that's a Mits tool. Hope somebody else has a better idea of its origin than me.

I agree with Milland. That isn't a scribing instrument and I've never seen anything like it before. I wouldn't expect an accuracy of better than 0.03mm either.

The "logo" in picture #1 might be your best clue. The large C (before ES) looks like a large micrometer.

My best guess is that it has been made for a special/specific purpose and is a height gauge.

What do you intend using it for?

height gauge es - Google Search

I agree with Milland. That isn't a scribing instrument and I've never seen anything like it before. I wouldn't expect an accuracy of better than 0.03mm either.

The "logo" in picture #1 might be your best clue. The large C (before ES) looks like a large micrometer.

My best guess is that it has been made for a special/specific purpose and is a height gauge.

What do you intend using it for?

height gauge es - Google Search

Thanks for the replys guys, I finally know what it is, I brought it as it was a good price and as i'm starting to get into metalwork/ milling I thought it could be usefull sometime in the future, if it couldn't be fixed up I would use the parts like install the DRO on the fence of my table saw for example, I would rather make it a complete unit if possible but with it being a custom piece it may be unlikely I will find what parts I would need,

Thank again.

Back