What's new
What's new

Renishaw Probe problem

micro

Stainless
First off let me apologize for the cross post, but there may be people here that donut read the CNC forum.

I have a Renishaw MP11 that I am trying to get working properly with a VMC with an Anilam 6000M control. The probe seems to work fine going through the set up parameters (for tip dia etc.) everything looks like it is correct. Ran the calibration routine with a 1 inch ring gauge and it seemed to execute exactly as expected. Ran the macro to probe the corner of the fixed jaw of one of the vises and again looks fine. Ran the first part and found that the whole program is shifted approximately -.04” in Y. I checked the vise jaw with a wiggler and confirmed that the probed location was off -.0393”. Here is what is happening: The probe is consistently returning coordinates that are -.039” in Y regardless of whether the probe is probing in positive Y or negative Y. this means that a probed diameter is coming back correct but that locations are off. The same thing is happen in X though the values are always off by .0324” (positive). The probe is returning very consistent and repeatable values which are always within .0001” of each other (my machine can’t read finer than .0001 so the repeatability may be better than that). I have indicated the stylus with a last word indicator so that it is running totally coaxial with the spindle. I’ve even tried 2 different wiggler type edge finders to make sure it wasn’t the wiggler that was off. It seems like there is an offset somewhere that is active but I have not only used completely blank offsets as active and target work offsets, but also gone through the entire list of machine parameters too many times to count (with Anilam tech support on the phone) and found nothing. I have no ideas left. Anybody have any ideas?

FWIW there is no tool offset of cutter comp active.

The .0393 makes me instantly think of a metric to standard problem.
Possibly either the probe or the machine having a "communication breakdown'?
Is there a parameter for the probe that indicates metric or standard?

Just throwing stuff out there since you seemed to have come to a dead end.

Back