What's new
What's new

How to stack Gage Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Bailey demonstrates how to stack Gage Blocks
The first five minutes of the video is irrelevant banter having nothing to do with stacking gage blocks. Unfortunately, the explanation of how to "design" a stack is unlikely to be clear to to someone who already doesn't know how to do it. The narrator wrings the blocks using the salty oil from his wrists when NIST points out doing that will cause corrosion (and the video doesn't actually even show how to wring them, which would require a close-up shot). And, Leigh, how does the fact the video ends with a blatant commercial fit with your policy on spam?

Leigh, how does the fact the video ends with a blatant commercial fit with your policy on spam?
I'm not able to view any videos on YouTube since I refuse to install Flash.

So I'll bounce this back to the OP.

Please review the policy on spam, posted as a sticky at the beginning of this section.
If the video in question violates that policy, posting or linking to it is not permitted.

- Leigh

Leigh
I am not exactly sure what is objectionable in this. I will remove if you like , but Don has been making these how to video's to help some of the new machinists and grinders and pass on some knowledge.

Your call

I am not exactly sure what is objectionable in this.
Leigh's sticky at the top of this forum says "Spam is any text that promotes goods or services in which you have or had a business or financial interest or association." Aside from my comments on the content of the video it ends with a screen that says "Products shown can be purchased on our website Suburban Tool, Inc. - PRECISION WORKHOLDING & INSPECTION EQUIPMENT or through your local industrial distributor." Posts whose advertising is a lot less blatant than this have run afoul of Leigh's policy.

Note that the hotlink to the Suburban site was inserted automatically which probably means they are an advertiser on PM. Raising the interesting question of whether Leigh's strict interpretation of his anti-spam law applies to advertisers.

I didn't think it came off as a commercial.
But, as Carl Johansson would have said, "Tack för ingenting"

ps, I like to use my ball sweat to wring my blocks.

Oh boy, I sense another epic pissing match complete with unsolicited political convictions, wanton name calling, interspersed with libelous proclamations. Let the good times roll.

Popcorn, beer, check.

... A US company know for their high quality products attacked as spammers. What a load of ... !

... The guy shows a little personality (which so many here seem to lack!) and it is wasting someone's precious time. If you really needed to learn how to add the stack up and wring gage blocks together, you are surely new to this gig or a complete hack who checks all dimensions with calipers!

Last edited by a moderator:
... A US company know for their high quality products attacked as spammers. What a load of ... !

... The guy shows a little personality (which so many here seem to lack!) and it is wasting someone's precious time. If you really needed to learn how to add the stack up and wring gage blocks together, you are surely new to this gig or a complete hack who checks all dimensions with calipers!

Actually, I almost always check my gage block stack-ups with calipers...... Saves being off by 10 or 100 thou if my brain fails me..

Last edited by a moderator:
:D Wit, humor, and personality are often hard to decipher in written word. Tourette's/potty mouth ring loud and clear.............

Not spam

Given that the authoring company does not make or sell gage blocks, I see no problem with the video, and commend the company for providing it.

I've taken the same position with some of Gordon's posts.

End of discussion.

- Leigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back