What's new
What's new

It's Christmas

fernballan

Plastic
Hi,
It's Christmas
I have lots of duplicates of measuring instruments in millimeters
and if you are in the US, UK,CA, and you need any metrick instruments then I will send it for free
Micrometers indicator you name it i have it. Not too heavy things.Send me a PM what you need
Happy christmas
Robert Fernström

Hi,
It's Christmas
I have lots of duplicates of measuring instruments in millimeters
and if you are in the US, UK,CA, and you need any metrick instruments then I will send it for free
Micrometers indicator you name it i have it. Not too heavy things.Send me a PM what you need
Happy christmas
Robert Fernström

Seriously? You'll have most believing Santa is Swedish :)

You might be in trouble for a "meaningless" thread title. Problem is only a moderator can change it.

Hello Robert,
What an offer! Thank you for your generosity

I teach an engineering shop lab for mechanical engineers at the local extension of Purdue University, Purdue Northwest.
We are located Southeast of Chicago, Illinois.
There are usually 35-46 3rd and 4th year students divided across four classes.
If there are some metric tools you can spare I would be delighted to show the students what the rest of the world is using. The tools presently in use are scales, dial or vernier calipers, and small micrometers.
Regards, John

Hi hi I try to convert the yanks to metric a micrometer at a time so I understand all youtube videos

Hi hi I try to convert the yanks to metric a micrometer at a time so I understand all youtube videos

Not so much a "conversion". Many of us have worked in Metric the greater part of our lives - just not "exclusively".

Christmas has come and gone, but I'll ask for something harder to supply than physical tools.

Guidance as to whom IN SWEDEN still makes fine tools, all types. Hexagon / Brown & Sharpe, we can take as stipulated, SAAB combat aircraft as well.

Two lovely 4-jaw "SCA" NOS chucks are my trigger.

When I contacted the present owners of the old-line firm, I got a comment back that they were probably older than I was (neither likely, nor even easy, that) and that the firm now purveyed Bison / Toolmex chucks.

What is it.. as is still done to a high standard within Sweden's once so heavily Nickel-Iron-blessed borders? Can't be the case that only Germans, Czechs, and Turks still work metal goods for export.

Christmas in January! Thank You Robert.
I'll have to leave out lots more cookies for the Santa from Sweden!
My great Grandfather was Swedish and his name was Johansson.
And here are two C.E.Johansson micrometers, 125-150 and 150-175 with a 150mm C.E.J.standard.
The box with the large micrometer is date stamped 9 November 1943.
The barrel and sleeve of that mic has a non-glare surface over the graduations. Something Starrett did
not do with mics of the same style and vintage.
The 0-25mm mic is from the DDR.
A small flat-back indicator made in Sweden, 0-2mm by 0.01mm and a Mahr that is also flat back, 0-11mm by 0.01mm.
Bonus, a remote trigger for an SLR camera but my film days seem to be over.
Thanks again for the offer. Some people might have thought this to be a hoax...not!
I'll work this into the class.
Via Malmo.jpgThe Goods.jpgSantas Favorites.jpg
Best Regards, John

Christmas in January! Thank You Robert.
I'll have to leave out lots more cookies for the Santa from Sweden!
My great Grandfather was Swedish and his name was Johansson.
And here are two C.E.Johansson micrometers, 125-150 and 150-175 with a 150mm C.E.J.standard.
The box with the large micrometer is date stamped 9 November 1943.
The barrel and sleeve of that mic has a non-glare surface over the graduations. Something Starrett did
not do with mics of the same style and vintage.
The 0-25mm mic is from the DDR.
A small flat-back indicator made in Sweden, 0-2mm by 0.01mm and a Mahr that is also flat back, 0-11mm by 0.01mm.
Bonus, a remote trigger for an SLR camera but my film days seem to be over.
Thanks again for the offer. Some people might have thought this to be a hoax...not!
I'll work this into the class.
View attachment 218958View attachment 218959View attachment 218960
Best Regards, John
Looks nice cleaned and oiled :D Hope they will be useful

Hello Robert :)

I received a very well made German metric 25-50 mm micrometer in the mail yesterday, and , in addition, there was also a bonus 0.01 mm dial indicator, made in Russia, with a smooth as silk operation. Thank you for your kind generosity, Robert.

Cheers.... :)

Brian

IMG_0929 (1024x768).jpg

Christmas from Denmark! Tools for the ME lab :)
Ten digital calipers arrived, five pairs. Large and regular display, with/without thumb roller, and a pair with a claim of being water proof.
Chart for tap drill sizes on the back, Metric ISO and Whitworth. At first thought was that the 1/2 x 12 was a typo.
Set them down and they turn off after a time.
Thank you Gordon for the generous offer!
5 pairs mm-inch.jpgWaterproof.jpg
Regards, John

Christmas from Denmark! Tools for the ME lab :)
Ten digital calipers arrived, five pairs. Large and regular display, with/without thumb roller, and a pair with a claim of being water proof.
Chart for tap drill sizes on the back, Metric ISO and Whitworth. At first thought was that the 1/2 x 12 was a typo.
Set them down and they turn off after a time.
Thank you Gordon for the generous offer!
View attachment 221683View attachment 221684
Regards, John

John I'd have preferred being anonymous LOL as others may think that me giving stuff away was normal. Anyway, if they help then "Mission Accomplished".

BTW the 5 different types were deliberate as not all like the same type. Nice to be able to choose and feel if there is a difference.
A SR44 battery is better than a LR44 one.

Back