What's new
What's new

Keyence IM-7000 or Zeiss O-Select?

djwilcze

Plastic
Hello, Does anyone have any experience using either of these products? My shop is looking to measure pieces for quality assurance using one of these. We currently use OGP's smartscope which is a pain to program and we also use a microvue (but it is not automated). We were thinking of buying one of the machines to measure manifold slots, gasket compression, radius of a pressed on block fitting, header slots, and geometry of a radiator tube. I will attach photos.

Also, if anyone has other ideas on how to measure these parts in an efficient and cheaper way please make suggestions.
Untitled.jpg

Hello, have you ever heard about Metrios? It's an alternative to these two systems.
It's distributed by Vicivision America.

What's the length? Looks pretty long to go on that Keyence system, which I remember being quite small. I also don't recall the Keyence being much of an upgrade over our MicroVu, but we do have an automated one.

If you're looking at Keyence, you might want to check out the VR series. It's not cheaper than anything, but it is very powerful and can give you a full surface profile of that radiator tube in a few seconds. You can even output it as a surface shell to compare directly to CAD for a GD&T surface tolerance if you have one. I'm close to convincing the bossman here that we need one :D

O-inspects are fantastic machines. I've written programs off-line that ran completely fine, having never seen or touched the device, mostly to the credit of Calypso software. Not enough experience with Keyence software to rate it.

I've always found the OGP easy to program, personally...

Back