What's new
What's new

Looking for a Sheffield Accutron Model 51 Gage Head

mister honey

Stainless
My latest acquisition is this major piece of a Sheffield Model 51 Accutron gage amplifier.

However, it is missing the “lever type gage head” and I thought I’d turn here for advice.

Other than ebay, where might I find a working gage head for this unit?
The amplifier unit has a five pin female socket.

Mike

Sheffield Accutron Model 51 Gage Head

My latest acquisition is this major piece of a Sheffield Model 51 Accutron gage amplifier.

However, it is missing the “lever type gage head” and I thought I’d turn here for advice.

Other than ebay, where might I find a working gage head for this unit?
The amplifier unit has a five pin female socket.

Mike

To my knowledge there was only (1) model of lever gage head made for the Sheffield Accutron series of gaging amplifiers. It didn't have an official model number per say. It was sold by Sheffield as "feathertouch height indicator". Blanchette Tool & Gage electronic amplifiers and gage heads were the successor to the Sheffield Accutron gaging amplifiers and gage heads. Blanchette sold the "featherouch height gage" which included the lever type gaging head. Please see attached photos. Unfortunately it appears as though Blanchette Tool & Gage has recently gone out-of-business.

By the way, I am a retired metrologist (from a large aerospace manufacturer). I worked primarily in mechanical/physical metrology with an emphasis on dimensional metrology. I spent the majority of my career writing calibration procedures and participated in writing ASME B89 series standards (i.e. micrometers, calipers, indicators, surface plates, gage blocks, ring gages, etc.) I have a very large collection of old product literature. I would like to meet or talk to any of those of you who are interested in dimensional metrology. I moved to Connecticut a little over a year ago from the Seattle area.

Ed

Attachments

• Sheffield Height Indicator.jpg
    Sheffield Height Indicator.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Feathertouch Height Gage page 1.jpg
    Feathertouch Height Gage page 1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 163
  • Feathertouch Height Gage page 2.jpg
    Feathertouch Height Gage page 2.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 117

Back