What's new
What's new

looking for source for microscope parts

rimcanyon

Diamond
I have a toolmakers microscope missing the microsope. The frame, XY table, lights etc. are intact, but that is about it. I also have a Taylor Hobson collimating microsope, without a mount or base, that would probably work. It has an optical micrometer, so that might be a useful feature for such an application.

So what I am looking for is a fine pitched rack and pinion, knobs and tracks that I can adapt.

I am looking for a good source for microscope frames, parts, etc.

-Dave

Edmund Optics (Optical?)

Hi Dave,

Take a look at Edmund Optics online. It is/was a division of Edmund Scientific.

They've been selling a huge assortment of this type of thing for over 50 years.

- Leigh

Leigh, Edmonds has nice parts, but not what I am looking for. I want to find a source for used parts, rack and pinion plus knobs from a high quality microscope (Nikon, Leica, AO, etc.), with coarse and fine adjustment. Some place that sells used microscope parts, since my budget on this is probably $50 tops, and Edmonds wants $191 for one that is not as well made.

-Dave

Hi Dave,

OK.

There's a surplus place around here that had boxes full of decent microscopes a few months ago. I'll check on Wednesday.

- Leigh

There's a surplus place around here that had boxes full of decent microscopes a few months ago. I'll check on Wednesday.

Thanks Leigh. Look forward to seeing what you find. I have been searching the web and have found a few sources too, so we can compare notes.

-Dave

I found what I needed for $25 on ebay, along with lots of misc. parts.

There used to be several surplus stores in the San Jose area that had stuff like that, now I don't know of one.

-Dave

Back