What's new
What's new

Mitutoyo DRO problem

Harri89

Cast Iron
Hello!

I have this kind of problem with my Mitutoyo DRO FLC-1705-3.

It was working normal, suddenly it wouldnt start up, just one beep sound and no lights blinking etc. Power button to "off" and back "on" same thing, wont start up. Not even when waiting longer time between startups. Maybe 1 of 20-30 it can start up but now its gone worse.

Is there some kind of chance to reset?
I was also told that transformer maybe broken?

Hello!
I have this kind of problem with my Mitutoyo DRO FLC-1705-3.
It was working normal, suddenly it wouldnt start up, just one beep sound and no lights blinking etc. Power button to "off" and back "on" same thing, wont start up. Not even when waiting longer time between startups. Maybe 1 of 20-30 it can start up but now its gone worse.
Is there some kind of chance to reset?
I was also told that transformer maybe broken?

Hi,

It's quite unusual for a transformer to fail.
Also, it it does, it will probably blow a fuse rather than flash a light.

I suggest getting it to a reputable service company.
DO NOT power it up until they've repaired it.

- Leigh

Dro problem solved: broken capacitor.
All axis are working now, x-axis gives error e.20 overspeed etc. I have cleaned the digital scale but no difference, it gives it always at one of the "mid supports".

Someone screwed to long screws and broke the reading surface?!

Hello!

I occassionally also have a Problem with my Mitutoyo DRO start-up. Usually it beeps several times while initializing after it is switched on and the segmented display is blinking accordingly. Now I have an error message e40 occurring on the display every now and then, however occurrence seems to increase. Does anybody have a look up table for the error codes or even a electric circuit diagram for the readout by chance?
The readout type is FLL-1705 model and the type is 164-862.
FLL1705_164-862.jpg

Regards,
Volker

Make sure the cable connections on the back of the DRO and on the scales are tight. I have an older Mitutoyo DRO which started to act up a few
years ago. Discovered that the cable connections were loose. Undid them all, blew them out and redid them making sure that everything was tight
and all my problems went away...

Back