What's new
What's new

Data Tracking & Reminding Software ? ? ?

CatMan

Hot Rolled
Gents,

I work at a large company, but I hate to say that we do not have any systems that will accomplish a simple metering that I will describe below:

We have a process that puts a coating on some of our parts. To audit the process, you have to take a sample part and go have it tested. Our issues so far is there's no reminder to tell the operator a sample needs to be taken, there's no good place to keep the records for the test, and there's no automatic communication to management that the test readings are out of spec, and there's nothing telling us if no readings are being taken at all.

So I'd like some software that would:

Send operator an email to remind him to process sample part and send it to be tested.
Prompt testing technician that data needs to be entered for the test. If data is not entered within 2 days, it emails his supervisor, then his supervisor's supervisor, etc.
Provide a place for the testing technician to record the test data. If the data is good, then it rolls to the next sampling time. But if the data is out of spec, send the supervisor & engineer an email.

I'm not looking for anything complicated or fancy. I don't need any fancy charting or calculating. I just need something to send reminders that we are ( or aren't ) auditing our process and to let me know if something of out of whack.

Do you guys use anything like this? What is the software called?

Back