What's new
What's new

Need Federal Electronic Gauge Info

TGTool

Titanium
I've got some Federal electronic gauge components and would like some tech information on them. Federal tells me the part numbers are obsolete so they have no information. Hmmpf!

So, I've got a EMD-632B amplifier, several cartridge probes EHE1106 and variants, a gauge head EHE1048, and some bore gauges with and without setting rings so probably of modest value.

The probes and gauge head seem to work when plugged in. At least they move a needle which might be the electrical equivalent of fogging a mirror so I'm hopeful they'll be of some use.

Does anyone have literature on older Federal products?

Please report back if you find anything interesting. I have a Federal amplifier and gauge head or two and thought I had some old literature, but can't find it now. I'll drop a note here if it turns up.

Please report back if you find anything interesting. I have a Federal amplifier and gauge head or two and thought I had some old literature, but can't find it now. I'll drop a note here if it turns up.

Mike,

Bruce sent me files covering some amplifiers and gauge heads. The amplifier flier didn't correspond to what I have but the gauge head brochure did. It shows options and specs for some of the items I have. I'd be happy to pass them on if it's any help.

I'm hoping to use some components for a squareness comparator with a gauge head and an indicator stand. It might more properly be a transfer tool since it would be set from a cylindrical square, then compared to the workpiece in question.

Thanks Jan. It's mostly just general interest on my part as they seem to be pretty easy to use.

I've got a Federal 230 P-51 amplifier that reads to 5 millionths and a Federal model EHE finger-type gage head that seems to fit it. Also a funky old 230P-3-R2 battery operated amplifier in a Bakelite case with a Model EHE-1010 gage head and an 18.9 V battery dated 1972. The latter has a pamphlet/manual that I could scan and email to you if that would be of interest.

Interesting idea on the squareness comparator - I may have to try that myself.

Back