What's new
What's new

Needed: Microval 454 hand-control schematic

maker1

Plastic
Hello all, long time lurker first time poster. I'm trying to get a neglected Microval 454 up and running. We have the manuals, and have successfully rehosed it, but unfortunately are missing the Remote Hand Switch/Control. The computer is DOS with the embedded (MAN 3 equivalent) controller, and it does start up. The light on the probe will appear to register hits .. right up until the software finishes booting up, at which point the light is steadily 'on'.

From what I can figure, since there is no hand control the system is missing the ENABLE/DISABLE signal. Does this sound like a reasonable guess? B&S/Hexagon will of course sell us a hand control, but for an unreasonable sum. Given the age of the equipment, I cant imagine there's much more than simple switches inside the hand control, and think it could be easily duplicated, however I don't want to take a shot in the dark at the pinout and risk damaging the embedded controller. Does anyone have a schematic for the hand control internals and the DB9 pinout?

Thanks in advance!

Back