What's new
What's new

Probe Scanning or CNC CMM with the scanning probe for Reverse Engineering

cinek84

Plastic
Guys,
I am looking for a coordinate measuring that will allows to me carry out the same tape of measurement like Renishaw Cyclone Series 2 scanner from Renishaw with scanning touch probe head. This machine is not manufactured any more and I am not aware of any other machines that this one was replaced with. I need this type of the machine to carry out revers engineering on the 3d parts like breast implants or even 2D parts that were manufactured on the CNC Lathe. However the measurements on the round parts need to be carried out as a 3D scan. The reason been the top profile on the part is machined as a second op and the accuracy between op 1 profile and op 2 profile need to be withing tight tolerance. The output need to be converted in to 2D Cad file and measured. The optical measuring machine aren't good enough...The another option is the CNC CMM with the scanning head. However the parts are very small, is there any small CNC CMM on the market? I am looking for second hand machine.

I found the Conoscan 4000 that can achieve my requirements but the cost of it is circa £30K, I need to keep searching for something second hand but not getting much luck so far.

Guys,
I am looking for a coordinate measuring that will allows to me carry out the same tape of measurement like Renishaw Cyclone Series 2 scanner from Renishaw with scanning touch probe head. This machine is not manufactured any more and I am not aware of any other machines that this one was replaced with. I need this type of the machine to carry out revers engineering on the 3d parts like breast implants or even 2D parts that were manufactured on the CNC Lathe. However the measurements on the round parts need to be carried out as a 3D scan. The reason been the top profile on the part is machined as a second op and the accuracy between op 1 profile and op 2 profile need to be withing tight tolerance. The output need to be converted in to 2D Cad file and measured. The optical measuring machine aren't good enough...The another option is the CNC CMM with the scanning head. However the parts are very small, is there any small CNC CMM on the market? I am looking for second hand machine.

DuraMax

Back