What's new
What's new

Source Needed For B&S Intrimik Repair Parts

extropic

Stainless
I may have asked a stupid question below. Based on the age of the tools, I assumed that they would not be in current production. However, I now see that the same model number tools are still for sale. I've got phone numbers for Hexagon (Brown and Sharpe's parent company this week) so I'll telephone them on Monday. I'll update this thread with the progress.

Can anyone recommend a responsive source (w/ contact info) for vintage B&S Intrimik replacement parts?

Two weeks ago I emailed Long Island Indicator with this request (based on considerable good press on PM) but they're apparently too busy to respond.

I have a set of 3 Brown and Sharpe Intrimiks (599-281-3, -4 & -5) that need replacement parts for the ratchet stops.
The Intrimiks may be 50 years old (they're shown in my 1970 catalog) but they're in excellent overall condition and I'd like to return them to 100% serviceable.

The ratchet stops aren't actually ratchets at all. A washer with 12 protruding 'bumps' is fixed to the main spindle and a similar washer is spring loaded against and driven by the 'ratchet stop' knob to rotate over the fixed washer. It's similar to the type of mechanism I've seen in impact drills.

Anyway, some of the washers need to be replaced.

Push come to shove, I can make what I need but my project list is long enough.

TIA

BOXED SET:
B&S 281 Bore Micrometer Set, Open, 2017-12.jpg

FIXED WASHER:
B&S 281 Bore Micrometer Set, Bump Stop Washer, Fixed, 2017-12.jpg

ROTATING WASHER:
B&S 281 Bore Micrometer Set, Bump Stop Washer, Rotating, 2017-12.jpg

How about the guy that Adam Booth and Tom Lipton use for their metrology repairs? I think he's located in Illinois somewhere.

On edit, it's MR Tool Repair - see this YouTube info by Adam on repairs that he had done and contact info for MR Tool Repair.

Back