What's new
What's new

Starrett Sigma HB400 Optical Comparator

ericgeorge

Plastic
I have been on the hunt for a replacement "hi/low" profile switch for the optical comparator mentioned above. Any leads as to where they might sell these. I've contacted a lot of different businesses, and am waiting to hear back from starrett, no luck.

I have been on the hunt for a replacement "hi/low" profile switch for the optical comparator mentioned above. Any leads as to where they might sell these. I've contacted a lot of different businesses, and am waiting to hear back from starrett, no luck.

It is going to be a standard part from one of the big switch companies like Switchcraft. If you pull it out it will probably be marked with the maker's name and a part number -- then you can do a web search. If it turns out to be obscure you can get an equivalent at Digikey or Mouser, or if it's really obsolete there are surplus places or even Ebay may do it for you. If you get stuck post some good pictures of it and I will help. Take a good picture of how it's wired before you disconnect it and if the wires are not different colors mark them.

The maker is Arrow, I've begun searching the electronics world now. That was a good hint, but it might take a bit to find. The number on the part was 92P10211EA by Arrow, made in England.ComparatorProfileSwitch-front.jpgComparatorProfileSwitch-side.jpgComparatorProfileSwitch-side.jpg

Looks like it has been on US Ebay in the past but not right now (see picture below). Specs seem to be 16A, 250 VAC, DPDT, on-off-on. Maybe you can see that on the other side. Anything that fits and meets those specs will do the job.

Here is one that was on Ebay France: Arrow 92PM1211E A Rocker Switch Black 16A 25VAC DPDT On/Off/On OM293Y1 | eBay

Suggest you test it with an Ohm meter after you take it out, just to be sure that is really what's broken.

past Ebay.jpg

Back