What's new
What's new

TESA gage amplifier

AlexO

Banned
Shot in the dark I know : I am looking for a schematics diagram for a TESA gage amplifier/readout , analog, suitable for GT21/22 probes ( if that matters ).
I have some probes but no amplifier and I was shocked to see how much they cost. I think they're pretty simple inside and I used to be able to see myself around an electronic circuit.

+1 even if inop or not the right match, if you have the skills, waay easier to do a repair or a mod than to roll yer own from scratch.

Sure, you are right. But I have no idea how they work or for which kind of probes. I understand there is more than one kind of probe.

Sure, you are right. But I have no idea how they work or for which kind of probes. I understand there is more than one kind of probe.

I'd bet that "level shifting" and ranging is the easy part as well. Might expect some linearity correction going on, too. Mapping that can get tedious.

I'd bet that "level shifting" and ranging is the easy part as well. Might expect some linearity correction going on, too. Mapping that can get tedious.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Weird enough after hours of torturing Google, not a single diagram and ! old Tesatronic models seem to have vanished - zero data on old stuff. I suppose I have to lay my hands on one and see what's inside. The blokes at eevblog are pretty helpful. :)

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Weird enough after hours of torturing Google, not a single diagram and ! old Tesatronic models seem to have vanished - zero data on old stuff. I suppose I have to lay my hands on one and see what's inside. The blokes at eevblog are pretty helpful. :)

Well, this was eventually sorted out. There are a couple of specialized ( and available ) IC's which together with a small number of passive components will make a gage amplifier be that half or full bridge. Problem solved !

Well, this was eventually sorted out. There are a couple of specialized ( and available ) IC's which together with a small number of passive components will make a gage amplifier be that half or full bridge. Problem solved !

Hey Alex,
Interested in the ICs you found. Something from Analog Devices?

Cool, thanks. Yea saw the same pricing. Interested in this project!

Keep in touch then. I'm tied up for aprox 2 months but after that I'll get going and try make one. It might not be cheaper than the eBay stuff but at least I know what's inside. :)

Back