What's new
What's new

Titanium, Cuting oil?

I will be turning it on a metal Lathe. Just want to know what type of cutting oil will work with Titanium? My first time using Titanium. I know what to use on every thing else.

I will be turning it on a metal Lathe. Just want to know what type of cutting oil will work with Titanium? My first time using Titanium. I know what to use on every thing else.

I'm not sure if you have noted it, but so far the comments have been rich in sarcasm: you have posted your question to the metrology forum, instead of the General one.

To be honest I was expecting the moderator to step in and move this thread to the other forum.

Paolo

I'm not sure if you have noted it, but so far the comments have been rich in sarcasm: you have posted your question to the metrology forum, instead of the General one.

To be honest I was expecting the moderator to step in and move this thread to the other forum.

Paolo

Thank You Good Sir.

Well I see We Know how to show our age and IQ.I was expecting a Professional Answer. But we see what I got.I'm a 59 year old Veteran. I came to this site for Professional Advise. But the more I come to this Forum the less I like it. I think I will advise my Veteran Friends and machining friends not to come to this site. It will be a long time before I came back. Thanks for making people like me feel so welcome on your Professional Forum. Ed.

Ed,
I'm sorry you feel that way, but you have to consider that metrology guys in the field of machining are somehow similar to benchrest guys in the field of target shooting: generally not the easiest and the friendliest at any shooting range. ;-)

If you post your question on the correct forum (i.e. General), you're much more likely to get some useful answers.

Paolo

Back