What's new
What's new

Up to date Calibration spec - ANSI-Z540.3 or ISO-10012 ?

Metalworker17

Plastic
So I'm trying to update my tired old shop into something more modern to keep up with the times:crazy: Our quality manual still reads MIL-STD-45662 for calibrations. We are not ISO, but that is a future goal. Is the ANSI-Z540.3 a good spec to follow or should I go with ISO-10012?

Does anybody know where I can purchase or preferably download a free copy of this spec? (I know that's a long shot).

I found this link ... but have never used this website so I'm hesitating to go ahead:
Document Center, Inc. | Your Online Library of US and International Standards

...and for ISO spec ISO 10012:2003 - Measurement management systems -- Requirements for measurement processes and measuring equipment

Thanks as always for any input your guys can provide! :cheers:

So I'm trying to update my tired old shop into something more modern to keep up with the times:crazy: Our quality manual still reads MIL-STD-45662 for calibrations. We are not ISO, but that is a future goal. Is the ANSI-Z540.3 a good spec to follow or should I go with ISO-10012?

Does anybody know where I can purchase or preferably download a free copy of this spec? (I know that's a long shot).

I found this link ... but have never used this website so I'm hesitating to go ahead:
Document Center, Inc. | Your Online Library of US and International Standards

...and for ISO spec ISO 10012:2003 - Measurement management systems -- Requirements for measurement processes and measuring equipment

Thanks as always for any input your guys can provide! :cheers:

As good as all standards I've seen are copyrighted so I doubt if you can download a "freebie" legally. Given the total cost of certification I'd suggest just buying the one you want to follow as that cost would be peanuts in the larger picture. If your future goal is ISO then it's probably best to go down that road and avoid possible confrontations.

Back