What's new
What's new

WTB Starrett 754 or 755 non working height gage, for parts

gradstdnt_99

Hot Rolled
I posted this in the classifieds section with no response. I am hoping for a better response here.

WTB. Starrett 754 or 755 non working height gage, for parts

I am looking to buy a Starrett 754 or 755 digital height gage in the non working state. I have a unit that works but the LCD display is cracked and much area is blacked out. I talked to Starrett and this unit has been out of production for a while. The box of leftover scraps has long been picked dry. Starrett pointed me to a local gage repair shop. They thought they had what I needed but unfortunately, not the same model. Gage doesn't have to work, just needs the LCD display to be intact.

Thank

We normally don't permit WTB/FS here, but since you already tried the Classifieds section I'll let it go.

You might also try bumping that ad.

Could you please provide a link to the earlier ad in that section? Thanks.

- Leigh

Last edited:
I appreciate allowing this here. I was hoping the more focused discussion may provide better assistance than the general classified area. I can extend this to general repair of this gage. It has a six pin data output that may be able to feed a display of some sort? Anybody have any ideas on how this would even be done. Interface to a computer/laptop? Any assistance at making this gage more useful than a paper weight is greatly appreciated.

Link to my original post.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...754-755-non-working-height-gage-parts-259937/

Note to all concerned...

Anyone who can provide the parts requested, please reply to the original WTB in the For Sale forum at the above link, not here.

We want to limit this thread to discussions of possible solutions.

Thank you.

- Leigh

Back