What's new
What's new

10 FF

louis1484

Plastic
I'm new to this forum. Did monarch make a 10 FF lathe? I've heard of a 10 EE but not a 10 FF. Is monarch still in business, if so were are they located? Can you still get parts for the lathes made back in the '50s? If you could bring this new member up to speed i would greatly appreciate it. Please email me back @ [email protected] .

"Did monarch make a 10 FF lathe?"

Nope ... a misprint.

The nameplate states: '10"EE', nominally a 10" by 20" "sensitive" lathe.

For early machines, the actual swing is 2.0" larger than the nameplate states.

So, a 12.0" by 20" lathe.

For later machines the actual swing is 2.5" larger than the nameplate states (as is also true of most other Monarch lathes).

So, a 12.5" by 20" lathe.

The EE designation has been used on a 13"EE (a completely different machine) and on an EE1000 (also a completely different machine).

Monarch made a FA which was a gap lathe built in the 20's. They also had Model F, which was a large swing T-Lathe. They had model E which was a cone head built in the late teens and twenties.

John

I have a 51EE, its just that they hand stamped the plates on the machine. The letters are leaning to the top because somone had to crouch down to stamp them
Iam sure if you look close, you will see that.

Don

Monarch 10"FF /10"EE

As you can (hopefully) see by the image, we believed this to be a 10"FF because that's really what the plate looks like it reads. I looked really close and the stamp probably didn't fully take the color for the EE markings, which would explain things. Ours was manufactured in June 1942.

We just got the lathe in and this is the first photo I have even taken of it. :typing:

MONARCH LATHE NAME PLATE.jpg
I'm new to this forum. Did monarch make a 10 FF lathe? I've heard of a 10 EE but not a 10 FF. Is monarch still in business, if so were are they located? Can you still get parts for the lathes made back in the '50s? If you could bring this new member up to speed i would greatly appreciate it. Please email me back @ [email protected] .

As you can (hopefully) see by the image, we believed this to be a 10"FF because that's really what the plate looks like it reads. I looked really close and the stamp probably didn't fully take the color for the EE markings, which would explain things. Ours was manufactured in June 1942.

We just got the lathe in and this is the first photo I have even taken of it. :typing:

View attachment 118051
It's probably a 10EE. Post a couple of photos of the machine and we'll be able to tell for sure.

The serial number will also be stamped on the right end of the bed, between the tailstock V way and the carriage flat way.

Cal

Thank you. It is an EE. I was sharing my experience with the original thread re: thinking the machine was an 10FF because of the stamping on the front plate.

And thank you Cal for the reminder of the serial number on the right end of the lathe bed - it verified the model beyond a doubt.

I am fortunate to have plenty of literature here at Norman Machine Tool on the Monarch 10EE "Sensitive Precision Toolmaker's Lathe" to go on for listing purposes.

As always, I do appreciate your taking the time to help. I'm anxious to see the lathe once our guys finish sprucing it up. I really love the vintage machines. :)

#machinetoolgirl

Back