What's new
What's new

10ee Apron bearings

Rob Mueller

Cast Iron
Hope you don't mind me referencing this photo Cal:

The bearings at the extreme upper right and upper left are needed for my 46 round dial 10ee. both of mine have disintegrated and I need the bearing type and number.
I can't provide the actual name of this bearing because I can't find it in the parts list from my manual.

Little help please?

thanks

A18.jpg

I don't know about the round dial, but the square dial takes the 629-2RS style bearings (9mm shaft, 26m OD, 8mm wide). These are double-sealed, so they will keep out contamination.

I got mine from Noma Bearing Corporation in Gardena, CA for $4.79 each, but you can also get them from McMaster-Carr (P/N 5972K231) for twice the price.

Item # 629, 6 SERIES EXTRA SMALL METRIC BEARINGS On NOMA Bearing Corp.

McMaster-Carr

Alan

I don't know about the round dial, but the square dial takes the 629-2RS style bearings (9mm shaft, 26m OD, 8mm wide). These are double-sealed, so they will keep out contamination.

I got mine from Noma Bearing Corporation in Gardena, CA for $4.79 each, but you can also get them from McMaster-Carr (P/N 5972K231) for twice the price.

Item # 629, 6 SERIES EXTRA SMALL METRIC BEARINGS On NOMA Bearing Corp.

McMaster-Carr

Alan

just found that these will work for the round dial as well. thanks for the info.

Rob,

Can you post a photo of the build plate on your 10EE? You say it's a 1946 round-dial. AFIK, round-dial production ended in 1944, with a few machines that straggled into 1945. The "youngest" round-dial that I know of is EE27264, built 7-1945. I have yours as s/n 20381, is that correct?

Some round-dials went back to Monarch for rebuilds and some odd serial numbers have resulted from that.

Cal

Rob,

Can you post a photo of the build plate on your 10EE? You say it's a 1946 round-dial. AFIK, round-dial production ended in 1944, with a few machines that straggled into 1945. The "youngest" round-dial that I know of is EE27264, built 7-1945. I have yours as s/n 20381, is that correct?

Some round-dials went back to Monarch for rebuilds and some odd serial numbers have resulted from that.

Cal

1943 - My bad.

I'm a fan of VXB for this type of stuff. If memory serves these are skateboard bearings or similar - quite common. Just did a very cursory check you can buy 20 for $31 from VXB and offer the spares here (I have done this in the past).

Paul

Back